The avocado is a tree native to Mexico and Central America, classified in the flowering plant family Lauraceae along with cinnamon, camphor and bay laurel. Most fruit consists primarily of carbohydrate, while avocado is high in healthy fats and numerous studies show that it has powerful beneficial effects on health. This piece on the 10 benefits of avocado will help you see avocado as more than just another fruit with minimal health benefits…
– These days, the avocado is often referred to as a superfood… which is not surprising given its health properties. It has become an incredibly popular food among health conscious individuals.
– One avocado packs four grams of protein, among the highest amount coming from a fruit. Avocados don’t contain every single amino acid required in the body’s protein-building process, but have all 18 of the important ones, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
– Avocado is loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. 77% of the calories in it are from fat, making it one of the fattiest plant foods in existence but they don’t just contain any fat… the majority of the fat in avocado is oleic acid (a “heart healthy” fatty acid that is believed to be one of the main reasons for the health benefits of olive oil.)
– They’re an anti-aging powerhouse, the inner smoothness and creaminess are what we need for youthful skin. With all of the nutrients, healthy fat and vitamins, an avocado tree could be the next fountain (tree) of youth!
– Fiber is another nutrient found in relatively large amounts in avocado. Fiber is indigestible plant matter that can contribute to weight loss, reduce blood sugar spikes and is strongly linked to a lower risk of many diseases.
– Heart disease is the most common cause of death in the world. It is known that several blood markers are linked to an increased risk. This includes cholesterol, triglycerides, inflammatory markers, blood pressure and various others. Studies have shown that avocado can reduce total cholesterol levels significantly, reduce blood triglycerides by up to 20%, lower LDL cholesterol by up to 22% and increase HDL (the “good”) cholesterol by up to 11%.
AD ==> How a 28yrs Nigerian Makes Over N1Milionaire Per Month From Import Business. Click Here For Details
– People who eat avocado were found to be much healthier than people who didn’t eat avocados according to studies. They had a much higher nutrient intake and were half as likely to have metabolic syndrome, a cluster of symptoms that are a major risk factor for heart disease and diabetes.
– Avocados are loaded with powerful antioxidants that can protect the eyes. Avocados are high in antioxidants, including Lutein and Zeaxanthin. These nutrients are very important for eye health and lower the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
– Some studies in isolated cells have shown that nutrients in avocados may have benefits in preventing prostate cancer, and lowering side effects of chemotherapy in some cells.
– Avocado extract may help relieve symptoms of arthritis as studies have shown that an extract from avocado and soybean oils can significantly reduce symptoms of arthritis of the bones, called osteoarthritis.
.: Information Nigeria