An insightful piece on a list of provisions to be made available to an employee by the company of employment has been given by a writer.
Perhaps you are just starting out on a new job and you have just resumed, or you have been serving your employer for months or years now and you don’t know what the law compels them to do for their employees, this list would help you.
Here is a list of things your employer owes you:
(1) Your employer owes you a contract letter. This is a letter containing the terms of service, remuneration and other conditions that you have to consider before signing.
(2) Your employer owes you a hand book. This is very important for you to understand the vision, mission, values, culture, the dos and don’ts of your company. Usually, no action should be taken against you without the handbook. It’s like the constitution.
(3) Pensions contribution. A monthly payment which is deducted from your account and added too from your employer to be paid into your account. This you must receive alert every month. Usually, it’s from 7.5% above depending on your industry.
(4) Health insurance card. Your employer is required by law to get you a health insurance cover. The insurance is for basic health and in some cases pregnancy and surgery depending on your level. There is bronze, silver, gold etc. Usually, you should have a health card.
(5) Tax card. Taxes are being deducted from your account monthly and credited into the tax commission of your state monthly. This is what shows you as a good citizen who pays his taxes. Usually, there is a tax card and it’s very important if you want to transact with the government.
(6) Mortgage contribution card. This is usually being deducted from your account monthly and paid into the FG account. You are entitled to a mortgage contribution card which serves as an evidence for when the opportunity for a housing scheme comes. It also helps to get you housing loans from government.
(7) You are also entitled to a yearly 20 working days leave which could be used at the discretion of your line manager or company.
(8) Your company owes you an ID card. Very important. This is what shows that you are associated with your organization.
(9) Your employer by law has to provide you a conducive environment which is not only safe but good for your mental health void of abuse and harassment.
(10) Lastly, your employer owes you your monthly salary.
This list is by no means exhaustive but for those who don’t know, I hope I am able to help a little.
‘Key witness against Orji Uzor Kalu on the run’ – EFCC tells court
WE HAVE SEEN STYLES SUCH AS COLOURED BLOCK ANKARA TO DRESS
11 Ways Relationships Change Between Your 20s and 30s
Buhari’s group knocks DG of Wike’s Neighbourhood Watch
Osinbajo has surrendered to Satan – Omokri blasts VP for attacking Jonathan
What You Do Know About a Woman’s Sexual Peak
25 Hot Fulani Braids to Copy This Summer
Fashionable and Classic Ankara Gowns 2018 You Will Love to Have
Kids Braids Hairstyles 2018 : Beautiful Styles for Cute Little Girls
Ghanaians request more education on Lassa fever
African Braids Hairstyles 2018 : New Amazing Braids for Beautiful Ladies
2018 Eye Makeup Trends : Beautiful Makeup Compilation (Part 02)
This Coleslaw Recipe Is What You Need As You Start This New Week
2018 Braided Hairstyles : Awesome Braids Ideas #PART 2
Grow Healthy Natural Hair By Following These Tips By Naturally Temi
Relationship Tips4 days ago
Buhari, Bill Gate, Gen.AbdulSalami, Saraki others grace Dangote’s daughter wedding
Sex & Love4 days ago
What to Do if You Love Oral Sex but Your Partner Doesn’t
News3 days ago
How Senator Slump, Die In His Abuja Home Yesterday
Relationship Tips4 days ago
5 types of men you should keep around