Do you literally cry over spilled milk? Throw your clothes at the wall in anger because it seems like the only obvious thing to do when you can’t find anything to wear?
Think it’s normal to storm out and slam doors because your partner hasn’t done the washing up?
Then you’ll understand what it’s like to have a short fuse.
Here are 11 things you’ll know if you’re short-tempered.
1. You can go from waking up with the birds singing and everything is lovely and you love life and everyone in your life is just fabulous (take a deep breath) to… ‘I hate everyone. I hate this. I hate you. I don’t understand why everyone is so annoying.’
2. Sometimes you go off on one so badly that you surprise yourself.
3. Seriously, it’s like you have an alter-ego that you don’t even know about half the time. Who IS this person who takes over and how can you get rid of them?
4. People closest to you know to steer clear of you at certain times of the day.
5. Like when your alarm goes off. And when you’ve just woken up. And before you’ve had lunch. And when you’re travelling home from work. And when you get home, because you’re tired from a long day.
6. You can go from casual conversation to heated argument quicker than you can count from one to three, let alone 10.
7. Can’t open something? Normal people would probably just give up or ask for help. You, on the other hand, will probably need to buy a new one of that something. Unless you can retrieve the contents from among the broken bits where the thing smashed as you ‘accidentally’ threw it at the floor.
8. So, a lot of the time, breakable things are kept away from you.
9. You find it really hard not to say what you think. Your tongue is not safe.
10. You’ll forget halfway through an argument what you’re even arguing about, because you do it that often.
11. But you’ll carry on anyway, just to prove a point.