Kissing – the most #beautiful way of expressing your love. There are so #many different ways to kiss, depending on who you’re kissing. But there are 11 things you didn’t know about kissing that will make your mouth open in #amazement. (Yes, I get the pun, there…) Learn these #things and they’ll leave you wanting to kiss more and wanting to quit kissing altogether at the same time!
1. KISSING IS GOOD FOR YOU: The act of kissing is actually healthy for you! (Take that, those of you opposed of great kissing!) Kissing actually improves our #skin, helps circulation, prevents tooth decay, and can even relieve headaches. So next #time you have a headache and your hubby is wanting a little lovin’, don’t go for the Tylenol bottle, start kissing! (Bet you’ll make his night!)
2. KISSING IS A WORKOUT: While just a quick peck on the cheek uses only 2 muscles, a#good french kiss is said to use 34 muscles in your face. (That’s almost all of your facial muscles if I’m not mistaken!) That being said, a romantic, but very short kiss will burn a couple calories, while a passionate french kiss can take care of 5 calories. Do this for one entire minute, and you’ll burn about 26 calories! Kiss for an hour and you can skip your trip to the gym since you will have burnt about 1,560 #calories! Talk about a reason to make out!
3. ESKIMO KISSES ARE FAKE: According to a video strait from the mouth of an Alaskan, the act of rubbing noses in place of a kiss doesn’t exist. He claims Hollywood has played a part in making this myth seem real, when in fact, it’s a created story. He says he grew up in a very traditional family and has lived 67 years, and has never seen Eskimos rubbing noses. Their kisses are the same as ours. Save the nose rubbing for the dogs.
4. KISSING IS LIKE DRUGS: The endorphins you release when kissing are said to be 200 times more powerful than the drug #effects of morphine! Hence, the reason you get that “giddy” weightless feeling after kissing for a while. Who knew that the best drug high they could have was both legal and sitting right beside them the entire #time? Why sacrifice your health and well being over illegal drugs when you can just kiss all day?
RECOMMENDED READING: 8 Silly Things Men Do During S£X That Lead To Pregnancy [ADULT ONLY]
5. KISSING IS GERM CITY: Did you know that one kiss can pass 278 types of bacteria? A long enough kiss could leave you with a transmission of 10 million bacterium! That’s reason enough to keep kissing to just one person that you know and trust and watch brush their teeth, huh?
6. SOME DISEASES CAN BE PASSED WITH A KISS: I’m sure you were aware that mononucleosis or the kissingdisease could be passed with a kiss (obviously) but did you know that herpes can be shared with a kiss as well? Furthermore, in one instance in 1997, a #woman was infected with HIV through a kiss. This was, however, because both kissers had gum diseases that opened up a whole band of germs passed through human blood. Still, it’s kind of gross to think about.
7. KISSING IS ILLEGAL SOME PLACES: Back in the 16th century, public kissing in Naples was punished by death! Still yet, in some places in our own United States, it’s technically illegal to kiss in some instances. Kissing strangers is forbidden in Ceder Rapids, Iowa, and in Hartford Connecticut, #woman can’t kiss their husbands on a Sunday! Mustached men in Indiana may find it hard to “. the field” as it is illegal for #men sporting mustaches to “habitually kiss human beings.” I wonder what happened that made those laws go into effect?
8. THE SCIENCE OF KISSING: Did you know that there is a word for the study of kissing? It’s called philematology and it focuses on kissing and what it means in various cultures. There’s also a term for the fear of kissing, called philemaphobia. Philemaphobia varies in severity from those who have a mild fear of kissing due to inexperience or those who have a severe fear due to a fear of germs.
9. LIPS ARE SENSITIVE: Your lips are one of the most #sensitive areas of your body so it’s no wonder why we love to kiss! Our lips and fingertips are thought to be the most sensitive parts of our bodies due to the high number of receptors they have.
10. GOOD FOR TEETH: Kissing and anticipating a kiss both produce an increase of saliva in your mouth which is great for your teeth. Saliva helps wash away bacteria from your teeth, break down plaque and even prevent cavities.
11. HELPS KEEP US LOOKING YOUTHFUL: We’ve learned that we use our facial muscles when we kiss, so it shouldn’t be surprising that kissing helps keep us looking young. Kissing can help keep our facial muscles smooth and tight and even help prevent cheeks from sagging. If you want to keep that youthful glow you’ve got going, shower your love with kisses!
12. YOU LEAN WHEN YOU KISS: A German researcher found that 2/3 of couples lean to the right when they kiss. Watch any Nicholas Sparks movie kiss and you’ll see what I mean! Some researchers suggest that this phenomenon occurs because, as babies in the womb, we tilt our heads to the right, and this habit reemerges when you kiss!
13. KISSES STARTED WITH… RATS? You think that kissing is a uniquely human behavior, but science would argue otherwise. A team of researchers at the University of Tokyo believe that human’s desire to kiss decends from an ancient rat called Eomaia scansoria. This critter would rub noses with a mate to signal sexual desire—an ancient, rodent kiss!
14. KISSING REGULATION IN HOLLYWOOD: In the much more conservative era of the 1930’s, when movies were just #beginning to become a part of the culture, there were strict rules on kissing. Hollywood actors were prevented from kissing lying down or for longer than three seconds! This set of rules was called the Hays Code and lasted until the 1960s.
15. IF YOU WANT TO KISS, GO TO ITALY: In Italy, kissing seems to be the social norm. Where in most of the #world, about 56% of people report that they kiss passionately, 75% of Italians do! So grab your passport and get ready to pucker up!
16. THE MAGIC NUMBER IS… Fifteen! The average #woman kisses 15 guys before finding “the one”. Consider yourself lucky though that you only have to kiss 15 frogs to find your prince! #Men have to kiss 16, according to a British study. A few other averages for experiences before you find your dream #guy are: 7 sexual partners, 2 blind dates, 4 one-night stands, and 2 online dates.
17. THE LONGEST KISS: Kissing is a great way to pass the time with your special someone, but how much #time exactly? The longest kiss on record lasted 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds between Ekkachai Tiranarat and Laksana Tiranarat in Thailand! Their determination was awarded with two diamond rings!
So, kissing can be great and absolutely disgusting at the same time. My advice is choose one person to kiss and never stray from that person. Oh, and keep up with how often they brush their teeth! One more thing, ladies, don’t kiss your husbands on Sunday…you may end up in jail!
Share this story