WHEN you are expecting your first child you become obsessed with getting everything ‘ready for the baby’.
You are determined to be prepared for everything from childbirth to bringing home your precious new born. Then you have the baby and realise that most of the preparations were of no use whatsoever.
Here are few things from my Pre-Childbirth To Do List:
1. Pack hospital bag with snacks, make up, music, books and laptop as I will probably be in labour for days (like on One Born Every Minute).
2. Try to empty my bowels twice a day so I don’t poo myself while in labour (like woman on One Born Every Minute).
3. Get new bikini and make music playlist to ensure beautiful relaxing water birth (like the pretty woman on One Born Every Minute).
4. Watch entire series of One Born Every Minute again.
5. Wash all brand new baby clothes in Fairy.
6. Wash all our own clothes in Fairy.
7. Wash all cot bedding in Fairy.
8. Call midwife and ask if I need to wash settee covers and muslins in Fairy.
9. Disinfect the entire house and everything in it with anti-bacterial wipes every day until baby is born.
10. Do pelvic floor exercises all day, every day.
11. Trim my overgrown pubic hair so it doesn’t poke the baby in the eye on her way out.
12. Buy books and DVDs to keep me occupied on maternity leave.
13. Make my husband promise not to look at the ‘bottom end’ when I am giving birth.
14. Learn to bake a cake (you are a mum now, this is what they do).
15. Buy cake recipe book.
16. Buy cake tin.
17. Read What To Expect When You Are Expecting (again).
18. Try harder to get the hang of perineum massage – maybe find film on YouTube?
19. Google ‘how to deliver a baby’ and send link to husband, neighbour, mum and sister just in case we don’t make it to the hospital.
All of the above turned out to be totally useless. Not only did my daughter arrive two weeks early so I hadn’t even got around to completing the list – she was born so quickly there had been no time for snacks, magazines or iPod playlists on the labour ward. There was no chance for the amusing banter with midwives I had seen on One Born Every Minute.
I didn’t even bother writing a list the second time around. Nor did I watch any One Born Every Minute – and funnily enough my youngest baby turned out just fine!
ASO EBI STYLES YOU SHOULD SEE
D’Banj shares an adorable photo of his son online
Phyno: If he should ask me out, I will turn down his offer
Cows cause ghastly accident again in Rivers State (pictures)
CHECK OUT THESES ANKARA GALLERY
What You Do Know About a Woman’s Sexual Peak
25 Hot Fulani Braids to Copy This Summer
Fashionable and Classic Ankara Gowns 2018 You Will Love to Have
Kids Braids Hairstyles 2018 : Beautiful Styles for Cute Little Girls
Ghanaians request more education on Lassa fever
African Braids Hairstyles 2018 : New Amazing Braids for Beautiful Ladies
2018 Eye Makeup Trends : Beautiful Makeup Compilation (Part 02)
This Coleslaw Recipe Is What You Need As You Start This New Week
2018 Braided Hairstyles : Awesome Braids Ideas #PART 2
Grow Healthy Natural Hair By Following These Tips By Naturally Temi
Relationship Tips4 days ago
Buhari, Bill Gate, Gen.AbdulSalami, Saraki others grace Dangote’s daughter wedding
Sex & Love4 days ago
What to Do if You Love Oral Sex but Your Partner Doesn’t
Featured5 days ago
The single most important factor in healthy relationships
News2 days ago
How Senator Slump, Die In His Abuja Home Yesterday