You don’t need us to tell you that there’s nothing wrong with being single, whether you’re singing your single pride from the rooftops or daydreaming about your next relationship. No matter your feelings about your status, we bet you’ve indulged in at least one of these secret single behaviors—but don’t worry, we won’t tell.
1. You’ve Considered What It Would Be Like to Be Married to Your Friend’s Husband
They’re pretty much #RelationshipGoals personified, so…
2. You Buy a New Outfit for Every First Date—Even When You Have Plenty of Options
Yeah, your date probably won’t even notice, but still. Who doesn’t want an excuse to shop?
3. You Get Excited When Things Are Rocky Between Your Friend and Her Mediocre Boyfriend
If he was more of a catch, you definitely wouldn’t be vying for their breakup, you swear. But if she’s not with someone who really deserves her, she should be flying solo with you.
4. You Swipe Through Tinder Like It’s a Game
By now, you’re pretty jaded about the idea of actually meeting someone decent on it, but hey, it’s fun to check out (and judge) the fish in the sea.
5. You Let Your Body-Hair Situation Get Totally Unruly
No s*x on the horizon? Freedom.
6. You’ve Definitely Pinned a Wedding Dress or Two—Or At Least Stalked Wedding Boards
You know you want to get married some day, so why should the fact you don’t have a partner yet stop you from drooling over some gorgeous gowns?
7. You Suffer Occasional Mood Swings About How You Really Feel About Being Single
One second, you feel fiercely independent and totally content in your singlehood—the next, you really, really wish you were head-over-heels in love.
8. You Always Want to Ask, “Is He Single?” When Friends Mention Unfamiliar Men
Yes, you find your friend’s story about her coworker fascinating and all…but if said coworker is hot and single, you could use the hookup.
9. You Get Friend Crushes on Other Single Women
What? You need wing women when your other friends are off relationshipping.
10. You Belt Single Girl Anthems in the Shower
All the single ladies, put your sudsy hands up!
11. And You Secretly Love Listening to Sappy Love Songs, Too
Yeah, you’re fine being single, but that doesn’t mean you don’t love the feels.
12. You Get At Least Five Fleeting Crushes a Day
Best thing about being single? You can check out whoever you want. The hot guy on your commute. The barista with impeccable banter. The Adonis at your gym.
13. You Mentally Rank Your Male Friends as Potential Dates in Case You Need One
You’re not about to bring a blind date to your best friend’s wedding.
14. You Sleep in the Most Comfortable, Space-Wasting Sprawling Positions
Soooo much room, all to yourself.
15. You Have an Arsenal of Responses to All the Dumb Questions You Get
Are you seeing anyone yet? Are you sure you don’t want to be set up? Have you tried online dating? Oh, yeah, you have zingers for every. Single. One.
16. You Spend “Date Nights” Enjoying the Fact That You Can be as Lazy as You Want
While your couple friends are tied up doing couple things, you have a stress-free night all to yourself. Hello, bubble bath, wine, and Netflix.
17. You Feel Secretly Relieved When Your Friends Go on About #MarriedProblems
You’re not happy that they’re having issues obviously, but you are glad you don’t have to deal with it yourself.
18. You Totally Don’t Realize When Men Are Flirting with You
You’re not looking for a relationship right now, so your radar is a little off. Whoops.