Connect with us

News

2023 elections: Jega, Moghalu meet, discuss Third Force strategy

Advertisement

Factual Pursuit of Truth for Progress

A presidential aspirant, Kingsley Moghalu, on Sunday night, met with the former Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, over the Third Force movement ahead of the 2023 elections.

Advertisement

Jega and a foremost political economist, Prof. Pat Utomi, among others had in October last year unveiled a non-partisan coalition under the aegis of the National Consultative Front.

The forum was said to have been designed to galvanise support for legislation for the electronic transfer of election results.

Advertisement

It seeks to challenge the country’s dominant parties, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Meanwhile, Moghalu who is a former Central Bank of Nigeria’s Deputy Governor had declared his intention to contest the 2023 presidential election under the African Democratic Congress platform.

Advertisement

On his Twitter handle on Sunday night, Moghalu disclosed that he and the former INEC boss had a frank discussion on the need for a virile third force movement.

He tweeted, “With my friend Prof Attahiru Jega earlier this evening at his home in Abuja. We had a full and frank discussion about how a progressive political force can salvage our country and keep the barbarians at the gate (or evict them from the living room!).”

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws

News

Many feared dead as explosion rocks Kano

Advertisement

Factual Pursuit of Truth for Progress

At least three residents of Kano were killed while many are currently trapped in an explosion which rocked Sabongari area of the state.

Advertisement

Details of the incident are still sketchy, but it was gathered that an explosive device went off in the early hours of the day.

It is being reported that a suicide bomber struck in the area.

Advertisement

Officials of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) are currently at the scene.

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

Court remands three suspects for stealing transformer cables in Osun monarch’s palace

Advertisement

Court remands three suspects for stealing transformer cables in Osun monarch

An Osun State Magistrate court sitting in Ilesa, on Monday remanded three suspected thieves in police custody for stealing transformer cables valued at N700,000 in Owa Obokun of Ijeshaland, Oba Adekunle Aromolaran’s palace. 

 

Advertisement

The suspects, Owolabi Abimbola,33, Sulaiman Mutiu,25, Samson Oluwafemi,25, and others now at large are facing four-count charges on the committed offence.

 

Advertisement

According to the Police Prosecutor, Inspector Adigun Kehinde, the stolen transformer cables were the property of IBEDC Ilesa branch.

 

Advertisement

He told the court that the defendants on May 11, 2022, conspired, stole and diverted to their own personal use a transformer cable at the Owa Obokun Palace.

 

Advertisement

Adigun argued that the offence committed by the defendants was contrary to sections 516, 400, 451(6), 383(2) of the Criminal Code Cap 34 Vol ll Law of Osun State 2002, which saw the suspects pleaded not guilty to the charges brought against them.

 

Advertisement

In his ruling, the presiding Magistrate, A.O Awodele fixed further hearing on the case till May 18th and ordered that the defendants should be kept in Police custody.

 

Advertisement

Court remands three suspects for stealing transformer cables in Osun monarchCourt remands three suspects for stealing transformer cables in Osun monarch

 

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

Rio Ferdinand reacts after Cristiano Ronaldo failed to make Premier League Player of the Year shortlist

Advertisement

Rio Ferdinand reacts after Cristiano Ronaldo failed to make Premier League Player of the Year shortlist

Rio Ferdinand has reacted to Cristiano Ronaldo’s omission from the Premier League Player of the Year shortlist, saying it’s ‘laughable’ while insisting he will ‘100 per cent’ stay at Manchester United next season. 

 

Advertisement

Ronaldo’s return to the club from Juventus hasn’t gone as planned after enduring a frustrating first season at United, who have missed out on Champions League qualification. Though, he has 18 Premier League goals to his name.

 

Advertisement

Despite his individual performance, there was no room for the Portuguese star on this season’s Premier League Player of the Year shortlist, which consists of Trent Alexander-Arnold, Jarrod Bowen, Joao Cancelo, Kevin De Bruyne, Mohamed Salah, Son Heung-min, James Ward-Prowse, and Bukayo Saka.

 

Advertisement

Now,  Ferdinand has questioned how Saka, who has registered six goals and 11 assists for Arsenal, has earned a nomination ahead of his old team-mate. 

 

Advertisement

‘Saka’s in the in the Player of the Year nominees?’ the former United defender asked on the Vibe with Five podcast. ‘I wouldn’t have had Saka in there yet, as well as he’s done.

 

Advertisement

‘I wouldn’t have had him over Ronaldo, no, not this season. Ronaldo should be in ahead of three of four of those guys in there.

 

Advertisement

‘He probably doesn’t win it but in terms of nominees, it’s laughable. He’ll take it as a disrespect but these are the things that fuel him, he’ll be thinking, “how dare you?”.

 

Advertisement

‘If it’s based on stats, he’s like, “I’ve banged in more goals than most of them on that list other than Salah, so what are you talking about?”‘

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular

X