Scroll To See More Images
We didn’t consider our attitudes toward sex particularly vanilla—until now. Once we started doing some research on sex toys, we realized that we lived in a sexual bubble. Even if you find yourself taking risks (and rewards *wink*) in the bedroom, there are some sex toys available that might surprise—or, if we’re honest, confuse—even the most sexually adventurous people. Whatever your level of sexual education (and no, not the kind you got in school), though, some of these weird sex toys aren’t as scary as they might seem.
We don’t need to tell you that there are some pretty interesting preferences out there—and we’re not here to judge what people like and dislike in the bedroom. We’re here just to let you ~know~ that there are some seriously interesting sex toys on the market—and some aren’t as strange as they may seem. From rubber ducky personal massagers to dildos that look like they belong in an art gallery, some of these toys you truly have to see to believe.
Whether you have a partner with whom you’ve been wanting to try something new, have an itch you’d like to just scratch yourself or are already extremely adventurous in bed, there’s a toy out there for you to try (and hopefully enjoy). The key is to not take everything super seriously and just have fun. Hopefully some of these weird sex toys will allow you to do just that.
1. Firefly Glow in the Dark Glass Kegal Eggs, $32.95 at Adam & Eve
Turn out all the lights and watch these babies glow.
2. Crave Razor Sensation Tool, $135.04 at Xenses
The claw and pinwheel Razor Sensation Tool can be used (carefully) to create a variety of sensations.
3. Forbidden Fruit Sensual Massager, $93.77 on Amazon
Ideal for travel, the Forbidden Fruit Personal Massager offers five different settings and seven vibration patterns. You know what they say: An apple a day keeps the cravings at bay.
4. Crystal Twist Dildo, $119.95 at Babeland
Use this work of art very carefully.
5. Emojibator Banana Vibrator, $29 at Babeland
This vibrator is fruity and fun—with 10 different settings.
6. Broad City Respect Your Dick Cock Ring, $27 at Babeland
Leave it to Broad City to have their own line of sex toys.
7. Shiri Zinn Aqua Swarovski, $190.25 at Xenses
An erotic work of art.
8. Rosebuds Skull M Gold, $133.96 at Xenses
This plug is handmade in France and inspired by the Greek gods Eros and Thatanos—love and death.
For a memorable night in Paris.
10. Alpha One ‘The Ring’ 24K Gold Masturbator, $392.88 at Xenses
This is made from a 24-karat, gold plated metal ring and a stretchy rubber-gel padding.
11. The Lelo Earl, $2,590 at Lelo
A luxury pleasure object for men available in silver or 18K gold plate.
12. Colorful Ponytail Clear Glass Plug, $100 at Enchanted Pleasures
This looks kind of like a My Little Pony, but OK.
13. The Lelo Tux, $29.95 at Lelo
This tux is *not* for the whole body. (If you catch our drift.)
14. Good Head BJ Helper, $9.99 at Spencers
This seems pretty self-explanatory.
15. Pave Grace, $74.99 at Babeland
Put a little bling in your toys.
16. Fornicouture Eyjafallajokull Glass Dildo $1124.60 at Xenses
This might be too pretty to use. (Also, Eyjafallajokull is a volcano, in case you were wondering.)
17. Satisfyer Pro Penguin, $59.95 at Babeland
The little bow-tie is what gets me.
18. Tenga Zen 3D Sensual Massager, $22.96 on Amazon
Fun fact: this massager turns inside out.
19. Rub My Ducky Personal Massager, $27.55 on Amazon
The rubber ducky song has new meaning now.
Be careful—very careful—with this toy.
It’s a two-in-one.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.
A version of this story was originally published in June 2014.