You’d be surprised by how many women wear styles that make them look older. Here is my list of the Top 10 things that will make you look older:
1. Reading glasses. Sure, you may need them, but no woman ever looked younger with little reading glasses perched on the end of her nose. And the chain attached to them so you always have them at hand? That makes you look older, too. If you must wear reading glasses (and I need them, too) make sure they are cute
2. Mom jeans. Peg-leg jeans with a high waist – a.k.a. mom jeans – are unflattering and outdated.
3. Any color that washes you out. One thing that will instantly make you look older is to wear a color that drains you of color. The right colors (almost everyone looks pretty in the right shade of red or blue) can brighten your skin and make you look younger.
4. Old lady handbag. Are you still carrying that logo bag from 15 years ago? Handbags have been a driving force of fashion for the past decade and still carrying an organizer bag (or worse) can add years to your age. An updated option would be a cute crossbody bag or a fun leather bag.
5. Too much or too little makeup. Garish blush and lipstick can be just as aging as no makeup at all. Learn how to apply pretty colors with a light hand and you’ll be on the right track to wearing the perfect makeup in middle age.