Now, the ever-confusing 30s is here. You’ve finally got your life together. Good job, cute house, a lovely family with a growing bank account. But what about your health? And… I know you hate to hear it… your skin? Here are five things you might want to consider before lines and wrinkles set in.
- Exfoliate regularly. A buildup of dead skin cells not only leads to breakouts but also deepens fine lines. Buff your face a few times a week with an apricot or peach scrub and you’ll ward off both problems.
- Lighten up on the twice-a-day washing. You’re likely still in the habit of removing any and all oil from your face. But we’re not teenagers anymore, ladies. Two heavy scrubbings a day might be overkill, causing dehydration and (later on) wrinkles. Instead, swap your evening routine for a gentle cleansing.
- Invest in a good eye cream. We know the anti-aging market is daunting. But a lot of the products out right now are geared toward those who want to reverse the signs of aging. Skip past the BS and find a simple, thick hydrating cream.
- Get on board with Sun Protector Factor. In your moisturizer. In your makeup. In a mist. Anything.
- And get some shut-eye. No amount of creams and cleansers can replace a quality night’s sleep. It gives your cells plenty of time to repair themselves. Trust: Your collagen will thank you.