As more and more girls are becoming health conscious these days, they are adopting a lifestyle that will help them attain a slim and toned body frame. Losing and gaining a lot of weight can pave way for light coloured vein-like lines appearing on parts like the stomach, arms, etc. These are commonly known as stretch marks.
They can become a huge nuisance, especially for the bride who is planning to don clothes showing off her toned curves and slender arms. Well, there is nothing better than going natural when it comes to any skin problem. Here are some common foods that can increase skin elasticity and thus help in preventing this ugly crisis for you.
1. The chocolate way: There is nothing more delicious than chocolate to achieve good health for the skin. Dark chocolates are rich in zinc, which helps in strengthening the connective tissues that hold the skin together. Cocoa in the chocolate can make the skin firmer and provide right levels of hydration and elasticity. It also reduces puffiness on the skin, and leaves it glowing. What’s more? It is a super food that provides your body with antioxidants and flavonoids!
2. Delicious strawberry: There is hardly anyone who doesn’t like strawberries. Along with the good amounts of antioxidants that help in the production of collagen to keep the skin firm, elastic and smooth; it also adds a healthy glow. The vitamin C levels in this tasty fruit are helpful in keeping the lines and marks away from the skin, including stretch marks and wrinkles. Ellagic acid in the fruit also prevents skin sagging. The benefits do not end here. It is a good aphrodisiac too!
3. Nutritious almonds: Almonds belong to the nuts category and so, they provide high levels of minerals that are good for your body, skin and hair. They are a rich . of vitamin E, which is a significant antioxidant that helps in nourishing the skin and keeping it away from dryness that causes stretch marks. Vitamin E also makes your skin firm and reduces marks. An added advantage is the high level of proteins in them, which help to keep you fit!
.: 8 Natural Foods That Help You Gain Complexion (Skin Whitening Foods)
4. Juicy pomegranates: Polyphenols is an antioxidant that is found in pomegranates in abundance, which kills the free radicals that damage the skin. It also ensures proper blood circulation to boost collagen production and add a rosy colour to the skin. Having a glass of fresh pomegranate juice everyday will ensure proper moisture to the skin and prevention from stretch marks that are caused by dryness in a lot of cases.
5. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is undoubtedly one of the best ways to make the skin look younger with its high levels of fibre that cleanses the skin from toxins and regulates the blood flow. It also controls the blood glucose levels, thus helping in balancing androgens, a hormone that can cause wrinkles if secreted in excessive quantity. Oats in breakfast will also stimulate skin healing. Silica, present in oats helps to strengthen the collagen and elastic fibres in the skin. This keeps skin young, radiant and away from stretch marks.
6. Green tea: We know it is not a food, but you do need something to gulp it all down, right? Green tea not only hydrates the skin and keeps it away from dryness, but the rich antioxidants in it also help in keeping the skin healthy and free from inflammation. Having 1-2 cups of green tea is great for achieving stretch mark-free skin!
Share this story