Being mature of course has to do with being able to stand on one’s feet, to be able to handle one’s self without assistance. For a relationship to exist, there needs to be mature person.
That we fall in love and enter into relationships does not mean that we can not live alone.
It only means we are willing to give up some of our independence to someone we trust to not mess up with it.
However, there are people who take this notion too far.
They give up the whole of their independence and rely on their partner for almost everything that has to do with their well being.
They usually end up a burden to their partner, who becomes emotionally tapped out and overwhelmed by this. Being too emotionally needy tires your partner easily
These people have sunk deep into emotional ‘neediness.’ They truly are exhausting and relating to them becomes a tiring cycle for their partners.
So, ask your self; are you are emotionally independent?
The answer to that question depends on the answers you provide to the questions below.
1. Does the whole of your happiness depend on your partner?
2. Do you look to them to supply all your needs in love partner in love, sex, and support?
3. Can you comfortably make reasonable decisions on your own, or does your partner have to validate all your actions?
4. Do you have other activities to fill your days with, or do you idly count minutes till the next time you see them?
5. Is this relationship the center of your universe? How about relationships with other persons? Friends, colleagues, family?
Lifestyle - Fashion - News - Beauty - Health App DOWNLOAD LIFESTYLE MOBILE APP
6. Does it annoy you greatly if you are not included in every single one of your partner’s plans?
If you notice that you fall foul of any or many of these questions, it means you might be needier than normal and that is never a good thing in a relationship.
The good news is that you can reduce the stress on your partner, you could be less attached emotionally dependent on your partner.
No matter how close you are to another person, it is unhealthy to spend all of your time with him or her.
Upgrade your self-esteem
If you honestly believe that you might be exhibiting behaviours linked to neediness, you need to start doing more things on your own.
You must also learn to feel more secure in your abilities and be more self-assured.
Drop the distrust
Thus, to drop this unneeded character trait, work on yourself till you reach that stage where you are more trusting of your partner and comfortable with the fact that they cannot be with you all day, everyday.
Working till these changes are evident in you will make you a happier, less-independent person and more valued by your partner.
They will know that you can be without them, but you have chosen not to live without them.
Now, doesn’t that sound just totally romantic to you?