Here are a few ways to date successfully
1. Dating ideas may include working on projects together that require problem solving skills, a little give and take, maybe sweat and tears.
Do meaningful service projects. Read and discuss good books, articles, and newspapers that stimulate thinking and discussion. Serve on committees that allow you to see how well they accept responsibility for assignments and how well they follow through and show dependability. Enjoy group activities that allow you to see each others social skills.
2. Talk about those things that interest you as well as what is of interest to your dates.
If one is more interested in sports and the other in musicals, be willing to take turns enjoying each other’s preference.
3. Notice how they treat clerks, waiters, janitors, drivers on the road, the elderly and small children.
Are they patient or quick to criticize, find fault, and blame others? How do they deal with frustration, irritation and disappointments? Are they moody and often depressed or are they cheerful and optimistic? Are they disagreeable or are they willing to negotiate, compromise, and work out differences? Do they act helpless and need rescuing? Are they domineering, demanding, controlling and manipulative?
4. What is their attitude toward education and seeking careers that are emotionally and financially rewarding?
Do they like to read and to learn new things?
5. Are you spiritually compatible; do you both feel the same about church and the level of church activity?
Would you be interested in reading the Bible and other inspirational books together?
6. Get to know the parents of your preferred dates
When people marry, they not only marry their sweethearts but their whole family. How will their cultural background effect your relationship? What you see in your date’s parents, good or bad, may . a role in your potential marriage.