Many of us are unhappy in ourlives. We believe that if only we earned more money, were thinner, were married (or single), had more friends, then we would be happy. What we fail to realize is that lasting happiness doesn’t come from anything outside of ourselves, nor does it just happen for some but not others. We are each responsible for creating our own happiness, regardless of outer circumstances. We can start being happy by loving our lives exactly as they are right now. Here’s how.
1. Live in the present moment. When you are living in the present, you are living where life is happening right now, not ruminating over the past or stressing out about future events. You are in the here and now, which is really the only time that you have any control over your circumstances. The past is over, and the future is yet to come. The only time you can truly love your life is when you are experiencing the present moment.
2. Do what brings you joy. This is your one and only life, so have fun and live it to the fullest. People waste valuable time and energy doing what they don’t enjoy and later have regrets when they realize they could’ve lived a more fulfilling life had they made the choice to spend more time doing what they love. Doing the things that bring you joy creates positive emotions, improves overall functioning, and makes you feel great!
3. Stop trying to please others. The truth is, you will never be able to please everybody, so why try? Your worth is dependent on no one else’s approval. When you are busy trying to please others, you are not honoring your true self. The less you focus on others’ opinions, the more time you get to focus on things that that are important to you.
4. Practice gratitude. When you live your life in gratitude, you maintain an awareness of all things that are good in your life and focus less on what’s not working. When you acknowledge what is going right in your life, it’s impossible to become stuck in negativity. Gratitude keeps you thankful, happier, and more positive.
AD ==> How a 28yrs Nigerian Makes Over N1Milionaire Per Month From Import Business. Click Here For Details
5. Acknowledge your accomplishments. Giving yourself a pat on the back for a job well done gives you a feeling of success, providing the encouragement you need to keep moving forward and create more successes. The more you acknowledge your wins, the more motivated you will be to achieve the goals you set for yourself.
6. Treasure your loved ones. Be the best parent, partner, friend, son or daughter you can be. It’s easy to get so busy in life that you forget how important your significant relationships are. When you consciously choose to treasure your loved ones more through loving words and actions, it may surprise you just how enjoyable and strong these relationships can become.
When you truly love your life, you can’t help but be happier and experience a greater sense of fulfillment, meaning, and purpose. Polish-born American classical pianist, Arthur Rubinstein was right when he said, “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.”