Couples want to accurately predict the future of their relationships, to know if they have what it takes to last or if their days together are numbered. While it’s impossible to confirm the future without a crystal ball, the kissing style has been shown to be a predictor of certain relationship qualities. Here is a list of kissing styles and what they may say about your particular romance:
1. The Gentle Kiss: This is a tender kiss in which two people gently brush their lips together. Gentle kisses are indicators of anticipation; they can be tantalizing and full of desire for more. These kisses would more often be found between two people who feel comfortable and close with one another.
2. Single-Lip Kiss: This kiss is performed when two people focus on kissing with one part of their mouth only, using just one lip. This kiss is not as aggressive as Frenching but is more romantic than other two-lipped short kisses. It is focused romantic attention from one partner to another, usually occurring between two people who are deeply in love.
3. The Peck: The Peck is usually one of the first ways a couple explores their physical relationship. It is a way to see if the other person is interested and to test out a couple’s chemistry. The Peck is a quick kiss on the lips, fun and casual. Couples who have been together for a long time may also use the Peck as a regular greeting or parting kiss.
4. Frenching: This is one of the most intense types of kissing, including mouth and tongue. Couples who engage in french kissing are comfortable exploring each other physically and passionately. French kissing can be an important marker in a relationship, as some people will determine whether or not a person is a “good kisser” at this point.
5. Sloppy Kisses: Sloppy kisses occur when couples are caught up in the hεat of the moment and often lead to more physical exploration. Since some people do not enjoy shopping kissing, this can be a “make it or break it” point in a relationship.
6. The Cheek: This type of kiss shows friendship and enjoyment of the other person’s company and can occur at any point in any type of relationship. Romantic couples who occasionally kiss each other on the cheek are exhibiting affection that goes beyond simply physical pleasure in each other’s’ company.
7. The Closed Mouth: The Closed Mouth Kiss can indicate that a couple is not comfortable with each other. Both partners may be unsure of what the other person wants from the relationships.
While kissing is not the only sign of how a relationship is going, it can be a sign of how comfortable two people are with each other and how close they feel. It is always possible for a couple to grow closer and move to another style of kissing as their relationship grown and changes. Kissing, no matter what kind, has always been a way to show another person affection and to enjoy a romantic relationship.
Share this story