Even if we do our best to avoid them, toxins are part of life wherever we go. But there are some easy things we can do to help flush them out of our bodies. Here are some daily detox tips!
1. Exercise regularly! It’s responsible for cleaning bacteria and abnormal cells out of our tissue and organs.
2. Stay hydrated! Water is essential to proper kidney function. Every day our kidneys filter about 150 quarts of blood, getting rid of 2 quarts of waste in the form of urine.
3. Juices like orange juice and lemon juice also contain citrate, an acid that naturally drives away toxins.
4. Grab a handful of almonds! Almonds are chock full of nutrients that are good for the liver, which filters blood and detoxifies chemicals.
5. Sip on some green tea! Green tea is packed with antioxidants. Studies show that this popular drink helps fight disease-causing inflammation, lowers oxidative stress – an indicator of free radical overload and may boost the production of enzymes that fight cancer-causing toxins.
6. Eat plenty of fiber! Dark leafy greens, whole grains are all delicious sources.
7. Break a sweat! When we sweat, toxic metals stored in our glands are released through the pores in our skin. Another benefit of exercise… it reduces stress, which can also be poisonous to our health!