Want an amazing sleep tonight? Try these tips.
1. Try to go to bed same time every night. Creating a more consistent sleep schedule for yourself is vital and your body will start to get drowsy around the same time every night – if your sleep schedule is a roller coaster, you will suffer the consequences.
2. Create a ritual for yourself before bed. Whether it’s meditating with some of your favorite scented candles, reading a novel, adding a ritual before bed might cue your brain and body to get a little sleepier on the regular.
3. Try to reduce light and sound, and other agitating things. You might not even notice these things are agitating to you, but they could be the culprit for that 4am tossing and turning, disrupting sleep quite easily.
4. Try to work out more regularly – not right before bed, but earlier on in the day. This will promote high levels of restfulness and calm later on – those fatigued muscles will want to rest!
5. Get a supportive pillow – try memory foam. Often, the pillow or mattress your sleeping on can be the culprit, and simply replacing it can make a difference.
6. Try sleeping with no noise.
7. Avoid eating heavy meats before bed. They’re hard to digest – instead have a small snack of healthy stuff.
8. Select sleep-inducing snacks, which can include bananas, cherries.