Connect with us

News

Boxer, Félix Verdejo turns himself in to police after his pregnant lover is drugged, shot and thrown off a bridge

Published

on

Boxer, F?lix Verdejo turns himself in to police after his pregnant lover is drugged, shot and thrown off a bridge

Boxer, Félix Verdejo turned himself in to federal agents on Sunday night, May 2, just hours after his pregnant lover, Keishla Rodríguez was found dead having been drugged, thrown off a bridge, and shot in the US territory’s capital of San Juan on Saturday.

 

Boxer, F?lix Verdejo turns himself in to police after his pregnant lover is drugged, shot and thrown off a bridge

 

Keishla Rodríguez Ortiz’s body was found in a lagoon two days after she was reported missing by her family.

 

Boxer, F?lix Verdejo turns himself in to police after his pregnant lover is drugged, shot and thrown off a bridge

A criminal complaint filed by the FBI accuses Verdejo, 27, of punching Rodríguez in the face and injecting her with a syringe filled with a yet to be identified substance.

 

Boxer, F?lix Verdejo turns himself in to police after his pregnant lover is drugged, shot and thrown off a bridge

Investigators allege Verdejo then bound her arms and feet with wire, tied a heavy block to her and threw her off a bridge at 8.30am on Thursday.

 

Boxer, F?lix Verdejo turns himself in to police after his pregnant lover is drugged, shot and thrown off a bridge

Verdejo shot Rodríguez’s body with a pistol as he stood on the bridge, the federal complaint further alleges.

An unnamed witness reportedly helped the boxer kidnap and kill Rodriguez.

She was officially identified via dental records on Sunday, Puerto Rico’s Institute of Forensic Science said in a statement.

 BURN TUMMY FAT LIKE MAGIC, RESULT IN 5 DAYS – Body Magic Tea

Verdejo represented Puerto Rico at the Olympics in 2012, the same year he became a professional boxer competing in the lightweight division. His career was temporarily halted after a 2016 motorcycle accident that put him in the hospital. His record is 27-2, with 17 knockouts.

On Sunday night, Verdejo was officially charged with kidnapping resulting in death, carjacking resulting in death, intentionally killing an unborn child.

Rodríguez’s family said she was pregnant with Verdejo’s child at the time of her murder.

Verdejo is married but had known Rodríguez since middle school and kept in touch with her, Keila Ortíz, the victim’s mother, told reporters.

Ortíz said that her daughter had called her before she vanished Thursday and told her that Verdejo was coming to her house to see the results of a pregnancy test she’d taken.

Ortíz said she warned her daughter to “be careful”, as Verdejo “had already threatened her,” she claimed.

She said Verdejo had told her daughter not to have the baby, citing his career and family.

Verdejo could face the death penalty if convicted, though the US Attorney’s Office said no decision had yet been made as to whether to pursue execution.

According to Ortíz, she reported her daughter missing after she didn’t show up for her job at an animal grooming business.

She said her other daughter was contacted by Rodríguez’s boss, informing her of her absence at work.

“For me, that was super strange because she is very responsible about her job,” she told local media.

Ortíz said she then called Verdejo, who reportedly told her he didn’t know where she was.

“You’re lying to me — that’s the first lie,” Ortíz recalled telling him.

“She talked to me a little while ago, and told me that you were going to her house when you were done working out.”

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

News

Vandalism throws over 50 Enugu, Ebonyi communities into darkness

Published

on

Over 50 communities in Enugu State have been thrown into darkness following the vandalism of Amechi – Awgu 33KV mainline, property of the Enugu Electricity Distribution PLC (EEDC), which supplies electricity to the affected communities.

The vandalism, which occurred at Nenwe Junction down to the World University in Aninri Local Government Area, involved the removal of about 40 spans of aluminum conductors on the line as well as the collapse and damage of 15 High Tension poles.

This development was made known in Enugu on Thursday by the Head, Corporate Communications, EEDC, Emeka Ezeh.

Ezeh stated that this part of the network has been under attack by vandals since January this year, and the present incident reoccurred barely two weeks after the company had spent millions of Naira in replacing the vandalized items.

“This portion of the network was attacked in January, February, and twice in April, which has led to the present darkness experienced by electricity customers in these affected communities, as about 130 distribution substations (transformers) are affected and cannot supply electricity to customers,” he said.

According to EEDC’s spokesman, the entire communities in Aninri Local Government Area, over 50% of the communities in Awgu Local Government Area and Akaeze and Ishiagu under Ivo Local Government Area of Ebonyi Atate were affected by this ugly incident.

Some of the affected communities include Mgbowo, Ugwuleshi Awgu, Ogwuofia Awgu, Obodo Asaa Awgu, Ogwumabiri Awgu, Obeagu, Nmaku, Mgbidi, Ihe, Okpanku, Mpu, to mention but a few.

 BURN TUMMY FAT LIKE MAGIC, RESULT IN 5 DAYS – Body Magic Tea

“As a business, we are concerned about the inconveniences our customers in the affected communities are subjected to, its effect on their various businesses and the revenue losses we are recording as a service provider,” Ezeh added.

“Vandalism of power installations within the EEDC’s network has remained a cog in the wheel of progress. No day passes without an incident of vandalism in one or two locations within the network.

“Transformer vandalism is more rampant, but these days, we have cases where some spans of the network are vandalized, keeping hundreds of thousands of customers in darkness,” he stated.

Ezeh appealed to all electricity customers and the public, especially neighbourhood vigilantes to help in safeguarding the power installations serving them.

8 suspected railway vandals arrested in Nasarawa

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Thank You For Doing This With Me Again My After My Heart Broke’ – Broda Shaggi Tells Iyabo Ojo

Published

on

Apparently, Broda Shaggi has featured Iyabo Ojo in one of his project but he lost the file that captured the videos leaving him heartbroken.

However, after informing Iyabo Ojo of what had happened, he was surprise to see the mother of two show up again for the re-shoot of the scenes giving him a sigh of relief.

Broda Shaggi took to his Instagram page to pen words of appreciation to Iyabo Ojo stated that she gave him a second chance to do this and he shared a video of Iyabo Ojo endorsing his new comedy skit.

Shaggi wrote:

@iyaboojofespris Thank you for doing this with me again . My heart broke after we lost the file. You came back all the way again even with the heavy Lagos traffic to reshoot this. Thank you and God bless you. Thanks to you @officerwoos for giving me a second chance to reshoot this . Love you both

Watch the video below;

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by S A M U E L . A . P E R R Y (@brodashaggi)

 BURN TUMMY FAT LIKE MAGIC, RESULT IN 5 DAYS – Body Magic Tea

Ghgossip.com recalls that a few months ago, Broda Shaggi opened up on how his rise to fame was inspired by his poor background.

“I came from Ikenne in Ogun state. I left Ikene when my father died for Lagos where I lived with my aunt in Makoko area. She was the one who took care of me till l left the university. So, I was neither born with a silver spoon nor grew up in Lekki. Everything started in Makoko,” Shaggi confirmed.

He further stated; He said; “I started entertainment out of hunger. When poverty hits you, you’ll be the one to figure out your talent.”

Source:www.ghgossip.com

. Thank You For Doing This With Me Again My After My Heart Broke’ – Broda Shaggi Tells Iyabo Ojo Follow GhGossip.

Continue Reading

News

FA Cup: Tuchel defends decision on Tammy Abraham in Chelsea’s 1-0 defeat to Leicester

Published

on

Thomas Tuchel has explained why Tammy Abraham was not considered in his squad for the FA Cup final against Leicester City on Saturday.

The German tactician insisted it was a difficult decision for him to leave Abraham out of the team.

Abraham featured prominently for Chelsea under Frank Lampard before the coming of Tuchel in January.

But the England striker has fallen dramatically down the pecking order despite being the club’s top goalscorer this season.

The 23-year-old scored his first senior hat-trick in the fourth round of the FA Cup against Luton, which was Lampard’s final game at the helm.

Tuchel left the striker out of the team for the final on Saturday opting to start with Timo Werner up front.

 BURN TUMMY FAT LIKE MAGIC, RESULT IN 5 DAYS – Body Magic Tea

He brought on Olivier Giroud during the closing stages as Chelsea tried, but ultimately failed, to find an equalising goal.

Asked after the game if Abraham simply wasn’t a player for him, Tuchel told Stadium Astro: “No, it’s just hard decisions on a matchday when you can only nominate 18 players.”

Chelsea vs Brighton: Tuchel advises Tammy Abraham after dropping him

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular

Copyright © 2020 Lifestyle Nigeria

X