Dating can be rather expensive, as even the classic “dinner and a movie” can cost you a lot more than you bargained for in every respect. But spending some quality time with your date doesn’t have to involve spending a large quantity of money. With this in mind, > are nine date ideas that can help you to capture your date’s heart without having to spend an arm and a leg.
1. Host a game night. If you’re looking for a date idea that’s full of laughs and keeps your wallet full as well, invite your partner over for a game night at your place.
And whether you . new board games, classic games from your childhood or simply bust out a deck of cards, a fun night is definitely in the cards for you and your date.
2. Volunteer. Another inexpensive date idea that’s priceless in every sense is to volunteer. For instance, you and your date can go to an animal shelter, food bank or local garden and spend your time lending a hand to those in need.
3. Go hiking. When you’re looking for a date idea that’ll have you burning calories instead of burning through money, going on a hike combines the best of both worlds. Not only will you get to spend quality time with your date as you embark on a trail together, but you’ll also be able to see just how compatible you are in terms of teamwork, collaboration and cooperation.
4. Dog sit. Another cheap date idea that’ll help you determine if you and your partner have more than just puppy love is to make your date dog-friendly. And whether you have your own dog or your friend or relative lets you borrow his or her pup, you and your partner can take the dog (or dogs) out on a walk or to a local dog park for a date that won’t take a bite out of your paycheck.
5. Hit up happy hours. If you’re looking to have a ton of fun without spending a ton, taking advantage of happy hours can be a great way to save money while you and your partner can stay in high spirits in every sense. For instance, attending a Martini Monday, Taco Tuesday or simply meeting your date on the earlier side so that the two of you can order off of a happy hour menu can save you cash without skimping on excitement.
6. Use discount apps. When you’re trying to find inexpensive date activities in your area, it’s in your best interest (so to speak) to take advantage of offers through discount apps. And while you may think that pricier ideas such as having a couple’s massage, spending the day together at a spa or having dinner at a trendy restaurant is out of reach, these apps put the best dating deals right at your fingertips.
7. Go to local events. Another enjoyable date idea that falls into the inexpensive category is to find free local events in your area. For example, whether you go to a farmers market, hit up a flea market, enjoy a movie night in the park or attend an art show, you and your date will be able to get to know each other better while enjoying a taste of local culture as well.
8. Get sporty. If you want to get your heart pumping when you’re with your kindhearted date, an inexpensive idea is to take advantage of the sport courts in your area. For instance, you and your partner can shoot hoops at a local park, kick a soccer ball around or even reserve a tennis court at a very low cost. And if you’re more of a spectator, nosebleed seats can also provide a great date option where you don’t have to pay through the nose for tickets.
9. Choose bites over meals. Another way to save money is to meet your date at a coffeehouse, ice cream parlor or smoothie shop. After all, there’s no reason that your time together has to be spent in a setting that requires you to spend a lot of money on food. So rather than going to a pricey restaurant for a giant meal, select a snack or dessert-centered venue that’ll enable you to have a sweet time without leaving a hole in your wallet and a sour taste in your mouth.