A 39 year old teacher in Scotland, Carol Ann White, is facing trial in court for allegedly performing sexual activity with two children
Carol Ann White, is accused of engaging in sexual activity with a boy, who has special educational needs (and cannot be named for legal reasons,) between April 2020 and May 2020.
She also allegedly kissed another boy, aged 11, slapped his buttocks and wrapped her legs around his body while teaching at a different school in Lanarkshire, prosecutors say.
Prosecutors say while on a trip to an outdoor activity center, near Oban, she told the 12-year-old ‘if you touch me then I will touch you’ before grabbing his hand.
He claimed she touched his private parts and forced his hand into her trousers during the alleged incident in March 2020.
White, who pled not guilty to two separate charges, allegedly sent the boy a photo in April 2020 with the caption ‘Cockblock of the year goes to Covid-19’.
He was also asked about ‘inappropriate’ images of himself that were sent to White. ‘Sometimes she would ask me to do this,’ he replied.
The boy also claimed that White became ‘jealous’ whenever he spoke to another teacher at his school.
He added: ‘She doesn’t want me talking to anybody else. She told me she was jealous because she had me in her class.’
A court heard White sent the boy the following message: ‘You are not my baby anymore. I just want you to be happy. I miss my baby’s hugs more than anything else in the world.’
A forensic search of phones belonging to White and the boy revealed a total of 1,185 messages had been exchanged between them in which she called him ‘handsome’, ‘gorgeous’ and ‘sweetheart’.
The boy also alleged White kissed him on the lips while on the trip as he sat on a bed.
All of the alleged offences are said to have happened in two primary schools, the Time Capsule leisure center near Glasgow, the outdoor centre near Oban, White’s home and an address in Cumbernauld, prosecutors alleged.
‘How we tried to save sound engineer murdered by okada men’
The management of Beer Barn, the upscale leisure facility in the Lekki area of Lagos around which a sound engineer, David Sunday Imo, was burnt to death on Thursday May 12, by irate commercial motorcyclists, has disclosed the efforts it said it made to save the deceased from his assailants.
The disclosure was made in a statement released in Lagos on Monday May 16. According to the leisure facility, its staff had been told by three naval officers when trouble broke out that they were trying to resolve the dispute that led to the mob setting Imoh ablaze as well as its failed attempt to kill Imoh’s colleague, Philip Balogun, after they were accused of using charm on a commercial motorcyclist who lost, but later regained consciousness.
Beer Barn stated that Imoh, a sound engineer with a live band it hired to provide musical entertainment for its patrons, was killed after the naval officers were unable to get the situation under control because of the intensity of the anger of the mob, who thought that the okada man had died.
The leisure hub’s management said the first hint of trouble was a commotion at the entrance and was marked by the mob trying to force its way inside.
“We requested to know what the issue was and members of the mob replied that somebody from our facility had used a charm to hit one of its members, who was presumed dead.
“While we were engaging the mob, David, who was alleged to have used the charm, came out of our facility and was forcibly taken away from our premises by the mob, which insisted he was a yahoo boy (internet fraudster) trying to use the victim for a money ritual.
“Our internal security men couldn’t stop them in spite of their best efforts,” the statement read.
It added that outside, four members of the band, including its founder, were locked in a car surrounded by the angry motorcyclists, who were allegedly being engaged by the three naval officers. However, the management said when it observed that the military men were not making progress, it called the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Police.
“Noticing that the military men were not making any headway in their efforts to bring the situation under control, we called the RRS because the number of angry motorcyclists was increasing.
“The RRS team arrived but said the crowd was too big for them to control. At the time of their arrival, nobody had died. The victim of the altercation with the band boy had also regained consciousness,” Beer Barn said in the statement.
Beer Barn said in desperation, it called the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of Maroko Police Station, but his team did not arrive before Imoh was killed by the mob.
“Before his team could get to our facility, the mob had already burnt David and was on the verge of doing the same to his colleague, Philip Balogun, when policemen arrived and dispersed the crowd by firing in the air,” it added.
The leisure facility expressed sadness at the occurrence and support for efforts to bring perpetrators to book.
“Our prayers and thoughts are with the family of the David Imoh. We unreservedly condemn the mob action that led to the unfortunate incident, as it indicated disrespect to life, and are in full support of the efforts to ensure that justice is done in the matter.
Fox News host Tucker Carlson blames Buffalo supermarket shooting on Biden and mental illness, ignores race conspiracy theory
Tucker Carlson, the controversial FOX news TV host has blamed the Buffalo, New York shooting on mental illness of the shooter and US president, Joe Biden.
On May 14, 2022, a mass shooting occurred in Buffalo at a Tops Friendly Markets store, a supermarket in the Kingsley neighborhood on the eastern side of the city.
Ten people were killed, and three others were injured; 11 of the victims were black. The shooter, livestreamed the attack on Twitch.
The accused, identified as 18-year-old Payton S. Gendron of Conklin, New York, was taken into custody and charged with first-degree murder.
In an online manifesto, Gendron claimed the right-wing conspiracy theory that white people are being taken over by minorities. But Carlson, has now come out to blame plenty of other factors for the weekend shooting that left 10 people dead.
In the past Carlson has repeatedly theorized that minorities are trying to take over the US, and called the shooter a mentally sick person who shouldn’t blame his shooting ok racism.
“What is hate speech?” Carlson said on Fox News.
“Well, it’s speech that our leaders hate. So because a mentally ill teenager murdered strangers, you cannot be allowed to express your political views out loud. That’s what they’re telling you.”
“Gendron’s screed, which laid out careful plans to kill as many Black people as possible, as well as Jewish people in New Jersey, isn’t actually a racist manifesto, Carlson argued.
“It’s definitely racist, bitterly so. Gendron reduces people to their skin color and that’s the essence of racism and it’s immoral. But what he wrote does not add up to a manifesto. It is not a blueprint for a new extremist political movement, much less the inspiration for racist revolution. Anyone who claims that it is is lying or hasn’t read it.”
Instead, he said, the 180-page document is “a rambling pastiche of slogans and Internet memes, some of which flatly contradict one another.”
“The document is not recognizably left-wing or right-wing; it’s not really political at all.
“The document is crazy. It’s a product of a diseased mind.” Carlson said.
“He writes like the mental patient he is — disjointed, irrational, paranoid. Now, that’s true, not that it makes the atrocities he committed easier to bear. If your daughter was murdered Saturday in Buffalo, you wouldn’t care why the killer did it or who he voted for.”
Then, Carlson blamed the Democrats, including President Joe Biden, for a “coordinated campaign to blame those murders on their political opponents.”
The Fox News host also blamed the spread of white identity politics on race politics, comparing it to the Rwandan genocide.
“All race politics is bad, no matter what flavor it is. It’s poison. It subsumes the individual into the group. It dehumanizes people,” he said. “It elevates appearance over initiative and decency, and all the other God-given qualities that make people unique yet morally equal to each other.”
The solution, he said, is to move toward a “colorblind meritocracy” where we ignore races.
Pilot who fell unconscious midflight is home from hospital as doctors say his recovery is ‘miraculous’
The pilot who fell unconscious last week mid-flight has made a recovery that his doctor is calling “a miracle.”
After the pilot lost consciousness, a passenger with no experience on how to fly a plane succeeded in landing the plane, saving all three people on board from crashing.
Darren Harrison, 39, successfully landed the plane at Palm Beach International Airport, where emergency personnel then rushed the pilot to St. Mary’s Medical Center before he was transferred to Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center.
The pilot, whose name has not been released, is now out of the hospital and resting at home after he underwent surgery for an aortic dissection, according to the hospital.
An aortic dissection is a life-threatening emergency in which a tear occurs in the inner layer of the body’s main artery.
Dr. Nishant Patel, a cardiothoracic surgeon at Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center who treated the pilot, revealed how long the odds were that the man would survive the landing, the trips to the two hospitals and then the surgery.
Patel said on Tuesday, May 17: “Fifty percent of patients won’t make it to the hospital, and then 50% of patients that do make it to the hospital will pass away within 24 hours without prompt diagnosis and treatment.”
The pilot was released from the hospital on Monday, May 16.
It’s a “really quite miraculous recovery, miraculous story,” Patel said.
Emergency personnel initially thought the pilot had potentially suffered a stroke before doctors at St. Mary’s discovered a tear in his aorta, according to Patel. He was quickly transferred to the second hospital for emergency surgery.
“First thing he asked me (after the surgery) is, ‘Doc, when am I going to go home?’ which I thought was really quite amazing,” Patel said. “Everything about this guy is just truly, truly amazing. He definitely understands everything that happened, and how severe the situation was on so many different levels before the hospital, in the operating room, and during recovery.”
Patel said the pilot was in great health before the cardiac event and has already done “remarkably well” in his recovery.