The pilonidal cyst which is formed along the tailbone looks like a sac, appearing near the left buttock and above the anus. It consists of hair and waste mater of the skin, and the ingrown hair starts irritating the skin, causing inflammation and creation of a cyst or carbuncle. This pilonidal cyst occurs due to excessive and continuous pressure on the sacrococcygeal area. It can make worse if there is already existing cyst.
The cysts are more common in men and occur between 16-25 years old. And is showing through these symptoms: pain in lower spine, redness, and tenderness over the lower spine and drainage of pus from it. Luckily there are remedies which you can use them at your home instead of having surgery.
- Warm bath – it will decrease the symptoms which are . with pilonidal cyst and will also avoid reappearing of it in the future. Repeat this regularly.
- Turmeric – you may provide turmeric into your food to provide relief from the infection which is triggered by the cyst. This remedy is also good in treating other diseases. You can mix turmeric and water to get a paste, applying it to the affected area. Use the remedy 3 times a day.
- Garlic and Epsom salt – garlic includes antioxidants which help in the fight against the germs that are causing the cyst. Epsom salt is also good in treating this condition, by adding 2 cups of it into your bath tub with warm water. Soak the affected place for 30 minutes. This solution which contains sulphate and magnesium helpful for toxins elimination should be repeated 2 times each day.
- Tea tree oil – it functions as an antiseptic and offers healing effects. Apply a drop of the oil over the affected spot.
- Castor oil – warm it and apply it on the affected spot, covering it with a bandage. Repeat the remedy 3 times per day. The oil will help you fight the inflammation and encourage healing process due to its powerful properties.
- Exercise – it is recommended that you regularly exercise. Even walking will be good to ease the pain and stress form the cyst. Yoga can also help.
- Fenugreek – it treats boils and inflammation triggered by the pilonidal cyst and you can use it in the form of a capsule or powder. Consume two capsules one in the morning and one in the evening, and you can also take ½ tsp of fenugreek powder to add in ½ glass of boiled water. Let it cool down and consume it.
- Aloe Vera – it can be used in the form of juice to treat skin infections caused by pilonidal cyst. It helps in fighting bacteria, virus, and other microbes. So, you can consume half a glass of the juice and consume the remedy once a day.
- Chuna – it is a slaked lime which is great in fighting the infection and is able to dry out the boil. Add chuna in turmeric powder and apply it on the spot, then cover it with a bandage.
- Apple cedar vinegar – it will relief the symptoms and is also good for treating any kind of skin infection. ACV helps in rebuilding the pH balance, eliminating the toxins out of the body, and treat swelling from the cyst. Simply soak a pad in the ACV and apply it on the affected spot repeating the procedure several times daily.