Fashion design is the creation of design concepts, translated into manufactured garments for any occasion. The fashion industry is a global industry that constantly requires designers and design concepts to meet insatiable consumer demand for clothing and accessories. Fashion designers, either as their own designers or as consultants, conceive or produce a creative range of clothing and accessories. They analyze fashion trends and work closely with manufacturing, marketing, and sales departments to design and produce finished, ready-to-use products that they sell to clothing manufacturers, specialty stores, retailers, and consumers. Designers typically specialize in specific apparel lines such as women’s, men’s, children’s, maternity, bridal, athletic, footwear, and accessories. Lets talk about dress sketches for fashion designing beginners.
Why are fashion drawings important?
Fashion drawings help convey the technical elements of a design, such as length and fit, to pattern makers. Fashion drawings also act as mood boards, explaining the emotional language of design.
• Fashion designers can use drawings to convey their own style, using different types of poses and drawing tools.
• Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld’s fashion sketches, for example, are characterized by the use of pencils and colored pencils.
• Atelier Dolce & Gabbana incorporates ornamental details into his fashion drawings, such as her sequins on a garment single.
Related: How to start income generating fashion blog
Fashion Design Drawing Aspects
The whole point of fashion illustrations is to emphasize the design of the clothes you have in mind. So always keep that in mind. All model poses, body part exaggerations, and everything else are done so that the outfits you draw look good on paper and help create the final result like hairstyles, jewelry, and other accessories. Other parts of the drawing are secondary and are meant only to complement the outfit.
Materials Needed to Start Drawing Fashion Designs
Not many materials are needed and all these materials are available nearby. Basic stationery is like so you don’t have to look for it.
• Pencil – Of course, you need a pencil to draw. You can draw shapes using pencils of different thicknesses, such as 2B, B, and HB. 4B, 6B, and 8B are available for shading and highlights. You can also use charcoal, but it can get dirty sometimes.
• Bond 80gsm – Paper quality is important. This is to prevent the dress design from fading after a few days or months. Therefore, use rough textured handmade paper for practice. Cartridge paper is the best paper for sketching, drawing, and painting. This paper is available in different weights for sizes such as A1, A2, A3, and A4.
• Sketchbooks – If you don’t want to get stuck with paper, you can buy sketchbooks based on your paper needs. You can also find these at your local stationery store.
• Crayons – Colors should be added to the design to show the designer or to convey information about the fabric needed to create the design.
• Libra and French Curves – stationery that is needed for fashion drawing is Libra and French Curves. To draw a straight and correct line, you need a scale. French curves are used to draw the curves of the bodice and dress.
Helpful: Fashion Style Tips & Tricks For Short Women
Dress sketch for fashion design
Dress Sketching basically adds realism to the conceptual appeal of a design. It is a way of communicating fashion ideas in visual form. They may end up as elaborate fashion sketches or remain scribbles in a designer’s sketchbook. The fashion design sketch is the first product a clothing manufacturer chooses before designing a complete product. Sketches are important in choosing fabrics and materials to purchase to make clothes. Fashion sketches help designers preview, plan, and explain their ideas. This process shows the designer’s creativity and uniqueness.
How to Draw a Fashion Sketch?
To draw a simple flat fashion sketch, the following steps are very simple.
1. Draw the clothing shape
The shape is also known as the clothing silhouette. It is important to know the shape of every design you want to add to a dress.
2. Add Design Details
Clothing cannot exist without design details. Design details include both functional and decorative seams, volumes such as pleats and ruffles, closures such as buttons and zippers, necklines, collars, pockets stitching details such as embroidery, and everything else.
3. Refine the Sketch
All you have to do is deleting all unnecessary lines and refine the sketch once again..
How to Design a Bodice with Fashion Sketch?
From the outset, the features you want to show are clear. For example, if you want to emphasize the sleeves, put more emphasis on the sleeves than the rest of the bodice when drawing the model. For this reason, the pose of the model should first be determined according to the main attraction of the design. Hands, feet, and body are the main parts that I always draw. You can also draw the details of the face, hairstyle and gestures to better understand the overall design. A model’s fashion drawings don’t have to match the actual human body. It can be exaggerated if necessary to make the design look attractive.
Things to remember when creating Fashion sketches
When creating fashion sketches, remember that everyone, even the best fashion designer in the world, has to start somewhere must be. The more you practice and perfect your skills, the better your skills will be. Don’t “rush” it. It can take thousands of hours to reach your goal using classes and courses can be very helpful if you want to improve a particular skill. If you’re ready to hone your skills and take your fashion design to the next level, learn more. Becoming a fashion designer is not easy, but it is a career that allows you to be creative and unleashes your creativity by dressing up in the world.
By using the information here and finding tutorials, you’ll have the perfect way to become the amazing fashion designer you’ve always dreamed of. Learn animation and try to put it into a unique Update that relates to your work. Find animation tutorials on Skillshare.
The post Dress sketches for fashion designing beginners appeared first on Homestay Business Ideas for Women and Health Tips for Men.