Lets try out this fun sangria recipe, its real easy and simply to recreate. This easy 6 ingredient sangria is everything, its fruity, dry, sweet, smooth, lush and refreshing you’ll definitely love it. The main ingredients of a traditional sangria involves the addition of fruits, juice, sweetner, liquor, red wine and ice. This recipe contains brandy but you can switch your up by using rum instead and if non of these are not available then maybe vodka would do it for you.
Enjoy this recipe along with your holiday dishes. T’is the season to be jolly!!!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 apple, cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) brandy, plus more to taste
- 1 750 ml bottle dry Spanish red wine*
- 1/2 orange, rind on, sliced into small pieces, large seeds removed (plus more for garnish)
- 3-4 Tbsp (41-55 g) organic brown sugar (or 3 Tbsp (37.5 g) organic cane sugar)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) orange juice, plus more to taste
- Ice to chill (~1 cup
Steps to follow: Here’s a Pictogram of how to go about making the traditional sangria;
First add oranges, apples and sugar to a large pitcher and muddle with a wooden spoon for 45 seconds.
Then add orange juice and brandy and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds.
Next add red wine and stir to incorporate, then taste and adjust flavor as needed. I added a bit more brandy, orange juice and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
Finally add ice and stir once more to chill. Serve as is, or with a bit more ice. Garnish with orange segments (optional).
Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, though best when fresh.
I absolutely love this recipe, its simple and easy, recreate this Sangria for your holiday drink.