Connect with us

News

English football announces total social media boycott in response to online abuse 

Published

on

English football announces total social media boycott in response to online abuse?

English football has announced an unprecedented boycott of social media platforms in a bid to combat online abuse and discrimination.

 

The FA, Premier League, EFL, FA Women’s Super League, FA Women’s Championship, PFA, LMA, PGMOL, Kick It Out, Women in Football and the FSA will all unite for a social media boycott, from Friday, April 30 to 23.59 on Monday, May 3.

 

They say it shows “English football coming together to emphasise that social media companies must do more to eradicate online hate, while highlighting the importance of educating people in the ongoing fight against discrimination”.

 

In the joint letter, the organisations said that the boycott has been scheduled to take place “across a full fixture programme in the men’s and women’s professional game and will see clubs across the Premier League, EFL, WSL, and Women’s Championship switch off their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts”.

 

The letter added: “Finally, while football takes a stand, we urge the UK government to ensure its Online Safety Bill will bring in strong legislation to make social media companies more accountable for what happens on their platforms, as discussed at the DCMS Online Abuse round table earlier this week.”

 

Premier League Chief Executive Richard Masters said: “Racist behaviour of any form is unacceptable and the appalling abuse we are seeing players receive on social media platforms cannot be allowed to continue.

 

“The Premier League and our clubs stand alongside football in staging this boycott to highlight the urgent need for social media companies to do more in eliminating racial hatred.

 

“We will not stop challenging social media companies and want to see significant improvements in their policies and processes to tackle online discriminatory abuse on their platforms.

 

“Football is a diverse sport, which brings together communities and cultures from all backgrounds and this diversity makes the competition stronger. No Room For Racism represents all the work we do to promote equality, diversity, and inclusion and tackling discrimination.”

 

It comes following continuous reports of racist and other forms of abuse aimed at footballers on social media.

 

Earlier this month, Swansea City football club announced a week-long boycott of social media, and Thierry Henry also left the platforms due to online abuse. 

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

News

Nine terrorists killed in foiled attack in Maiduguri – Nigerian Army (graphic photos)

Published

on

Nine terrorists killed in foiled attack in Maiduguri ? Nigerian Army (graphic photos)

The Nigerian army has disclosed that nine terrorists were killed in the foiled attack carried out by Boko Haram terrorists in Maiduguri yesterday, May 11. 

 

Army spokesperson, Mohammed Yerima in a statement on Wednesday May 12, said that the terrorists were countered by combined gallant troops in conjunction with the police, youth vigilante and hunters.

 

While nine were killed, others escaped with gunshot injuries. 

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws

 

”Troops of Operation HADIN KAI on Tuesday, 11 May, 2021, foiled attempts by Boko Haram terrorists to attack an outskirt of Maiduguri, Borno State.

The terrorists, who tried to advance from Aldawari axis, attempted to attack soft targets along Jiddari Polo, were countered by combined gallant troops in conjunction with the Nigerian Police, Youth Vigilante and hunters leading to terrorists withdrawal in disarray.” the statement read

 

Nine terrorists killed in foiled attack in Maiduguri ? Nigerian Army (graphic photos)Nine terrorists killed in foiled attack in Maiduguri ? Nigerian Army (graphic photos)Nine terrorists killed in foiled attack in Maiduguri ? Nigerian Army (graphic photos)Nine terrorists killed in foiled attack in Maiduguri ? Nigerian Army (graphic photos)

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Daddy Freeze Warns Christians Of What Will Happen If Everything Goes South In Nigeria

Published

on

OAP Daddy Freeze has informed Nigerians with spiritual fathers what will happen if things go south in Nigeria advising them to know that and have some peace of mind.

Daddy Freeze has been warning Christians not to put their whole trust in their pastors and especially those with spiritual fathers because if something should happen, they will be left on their own to survive.

According to him, should anything happen in Nigeria right now, many of the spiritual fathers will flee with their biological children on their private jet leaving their spiritual children to sort themselves out.

Daddy Freeze made it clear that even in the dictionary, biology comes before spirituality hence those with spiritual father’s that they trust so much should know that if anything happens they will leave with their biological children.

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws

READ ALSO: Everything I Have Lost Has Been Replaced With Something Better – Olakunle Churchill Subtly Shades

Daddy Freeze in an earlier post advised Christians to make good use of their tithes, seed money and all money they give to pastors rather than giving it to their pastors and now has advised that they shouldn’t trust their spiritual father’s.

Even the bible says woe unto any man who put his trust in men hence Daddy Freeze cautioning Christians who blindly trust and believe in their spiritual fathers is a reminder that they are just human like every other person.

Screenshot below;

Source: www.Ghgossip.com

. Daddy Freeze Warns Christians Of What Will Happen If Everything Goes South In Nigeria Follow GhGossip.

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

Nationwide blackout: Power grid collapses again

Published

on

Nationwide blackout: Power grid collapses again

A blackout is currently being witnessed across the country today May 12, following the collapse of the national power grid. 

 

Power generation dropped to 260 megawatts (MW) and and real-time power grid records by the Independent System Operations (ISO) section of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), showed that none of the over 20 generation Companies (GenCos) produced energy as at 1pm. 

 

Though what led to the collapse of the national grid is still unclear, the peak power generation as at Tuesday May 11 was 4,757MW, while the lowest generation was 3,976MW. While 101,605 megawatts hour (MWH) energy was generated, consumers through the 11 Distribution Companies (DisCos) utilised 99,955MWH.

 

By Wednesday afternoon May 12, only five of the 11 DisCos had slight energy allocation while the six others had no energy to supply to their customers across the states.

 

Kaduna Electric Head of Corporate Communication, Abdulazeez Abdullahi confirmed the collapse of the national grid in a statement released on Wednesday. He said; 

 

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws

“Dear esteemed customers, we regret to inform you that the power outage currently being experienced across our franchise – Kaduna, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara states – is as a result of the collapse of the national grid.

“The collapse occurred at about 11:01 am this morning. Power supply shall be restored across our franchise as soon as the grid is restored by the TCN team.”

 

Nationwide blackout: Power grid collapses again

 

The issue is currently being worked on as confirmed by the ISO online monitor.

 

 

 

 

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular

Copyright © 2020 Lifestyle Nigeria

X