Finding a really good makeup artist is hard, especially these days that everyone is looking for cash here and there and every one and their sister and aunty and cousin is a makeup artist. As a bride, everyone will be staring at your face, at your makeup, and they will say ‘wow’ if it is fine BUT will gossip you if you look like a mini masquerade – and much of that depends on who you hire as your wedding day makeup artist. Although, we are seeing many brides paying to get their face madeup, but seriously many Naija brides don’t pay much attention to finding a professional, while some still end up with amateurs even when they tried to find a skilled Nigerian bridal makeup artist. So, how do you know the i-wan-be-makeup-artist types from the real deal, and avoid being used as a makeup practical by a learner who is looking for fast chop-money? Well, that’s what you’ll find out in this post.
Steps to Choosing a Good Wedding Makeup Artist that Will Deliver
There are two main processes to finding a good makeup artist for your wedding or any occasion – first you have to discover a list of them, and then you have to choose which one is the best-fit for you.
A: Where (and How) to Find a Skilled Makeup Artist: The Discovery Process
Most Nigerian brides travel to their villages for the traditional wedding, and it is not that cheap to transport a Lagos makeup artist outside their base. So, where do you start looking when you don’t know a single makeup artist in an area. Follow our steps below:
- Ask stylish people if they know or have used a good makeup artist that they can recommend to you
- OR Search the internet for before and after wedding makeovers of makeup artists in your area (for most of our readers, this would be ‘Nigerian makeup artists or Lagos makeup artists)
- Be sure that the makeup artist you’re considering has done a lot of your type of events – for most of our readers, they would be looking for bridal makeup artists. Some makeup artists are better experienced with prepping the face of runway models or film actors or stage – and they may not give you the finished look you have in mind.
- Take a look at the before and after pictures of the artist’s clients, from an event similar to that which you will be attending (for most of our readers, you want to see before and after wedding makeup pictures – maybe you are going to be a bride, or a wedding guest, or even the mother/ sister of the bride (or groom).
- Make a list of 3 to 5 makeup artists whose before and after faces look like the face you want on your wedding day
- Contact them
HINT: So, try the above 6 steps to filter out the bridal makeup artists we featured above, to find the ones that are the best fit for your makeup style.
B: Sorting – Choosing the Right Makeup Artist
Once you have made a list of the good makeup artists out there, you have to choose one. Obviously, not all of them will be right for you. Here’s a guide to help you filter the good from the not-so-good list of makeup artists you compiled:
#1. See Sample Works Before You Pay, NOT Try Before You Buy: How can you be sure that a makeup artist that claims to know his/ her stuff will give you a glam face? Testing with your money could mean a hit or miss BUT the surefire way to know is to see pictures of their before and after makeovers. If you have lots of spots from pimples or have tribal marks, you’d want to see before and after makeup showing where the makeup artist truly covered a client’s spots or tribal marks. You may also want to find out that they won’t over-paint you to look like a masquerade. Seeing . works is the only way to believing before you pay or hire a makeup artist.
#2. Hire a Professional: Don’t Allow Anyone to Learn Work with Your Face: Allowing someone to do your makeup free – whether they are an expert or an amateur is risky. Well, except you want to risk your wedding pictures – most brides tell us that one of their biggest regrets is ‘the way their poorly-done makeup made them look in their wedding photos’.
THIS FRESH STYLES ARE WINNING
THIS FRESH STYLES ARE WINNING
11 Trending Ghana Weaving 2018 You Should Try
19 Latest Ankara Short Gown Styles You Should Sew This Year
9 Short Hairstyles That Will Make You Ditch Your Braids
Mind Blowing Aso Ebi Peplum Gowns 2018 for Beautiful Owambe Rockers
African Braids Hairstyles 2018 : New Amazing Braids for Beautiful Ladies
2018 Eye Makeup Trends : Beautiful Makeup Compilation (Part 02)
This Coleslaw Recipe Is What You Need As You Start This New Week
2018 Braided Hairstyles : Awesome Braids Ideas #PART 2
Grow Healthy Natural Hair By Following These Tips By Naturally Temi
Fashion5 days ago
Magnifique Aso Ebi Skirt and Blouse Designs for Owambe Rockers
Fashion5 days ago
Gorgeous Ankara Gown Styles for Smart Ladies to Slay
Fashion3 days ago
2018 Adorable African Dresses : Lovely Collection of African Styles
Fashion4 days ago
Sophisticated Aso Ebi Lace Short Gowns 2018 for Wedding Guests