Connect with us

News

Former Arsenal star, Mesut Ozil excluded from the Fenerbahce squad indefinitely after being deemed ‘physically incompetent’

Former Arsenal star, Mesut Ozil excluded?from the Fenerbahce squad indefinitely after being deemed

Mesut Ozil has been excluded from Fenerbahce’s squad indefinitely after alleged verbal altercation with the club’s interim manager and a lack of fitness in their last game.

Advertisement

 

The 33-year-old former Germany international has made 37 appearances for the Turkish giants since joining from Arsenal in January last year.

Advertisement

 

‘Our Football A Team players Mesut Ozil and Ozan Tufan were excluded from the squad as per the decision taken. It is announced to the public,’ a statement read.

Advertisement

 

The club revealed they will make the reason behind the decision public in due course, but Ozil was withdrawn at half-time in Fenerbahce’s 2-1 win against Konyaspor at the weekend. 

Advertisement

 

And football.london claim the attacking midfielder was involved in a verbal altercation with Kartal in their victory against the second-placed side.

Advertisement

 

According to Mail Online, Ozil’s public exclusion from the squad prevents him from training with the first team ahead of their away fixture this weekend against 14th-placed Kayserispor, the report adds.

Advertisement

 

This comes after it was claimed in reports in Turkey that he has been ‘unhappy’ in the Super Lig since joining, and was slammed by Fenerbahce president Ali Koc at the end of 2021.

Advertisement

 

‘Since the start of this season, Mesut Ozil has been compared to Robin van Persie,’ Koc told Fenerbahce TV via talkSPORT.

Advertisement

 

‘Ozil wants to play more. From now on, he needs to focus on his game and keep his commercial interests out of it. He needs to think about contributing to Fenerbahce.

Advertisement

 

‘Our coach also needs to try to figure out how to get the most out of Ozil. There is not a problem, despite what the media says. Mesut is unhappy because he does not play regularly.’

Advertisement

 

Moreover, according to Turkish outlet Aksam, Ozil was deemed ‘physically incompetent’ and struggled to keep up with the high-intensity level of Sunday’s match.

Advertisement

 

The 92-cap ex-Germany midfielder missed eight Fenerbahce games at the start of this year due to a lower back problem.

Advertisement

 

However, the report claims the club fear the injury has set Ozil further back physically, and he was replaced after playing at a ‘low tempo’ in the first half, according to Milliyet via Aksam.

Advertisement

 

The report adds Ozil’s situation was discussed by Kartal’s staff, who came to the decision the remaining weeks of the season would be very difficult for both parties if he continued to play. 

Advertisement

 

They report Kartal has therefore decided to take the No 10 shirt off the star player, agreeing with his staff that Ozil would be unable to cope with higher-tempo fixtures.

Advertisement

 

Milliyet also states fellow midfielder Mert Hakan Yandas will take Ozil’s spot in the starting XI until the end of the season.

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

“I’ve seen enough” Wofai says as she shares the phallic food she was served in Paris

Advertisement

Wofai Fada has shared photos of the phallic food she was given in Paris.

 

Advertisement

The actress was served a penis-shaped bun alongside the rest of her meal.

 

Advertisement

Amused by the meal, Wofai wrote on Instagram: “Wetin dey really occur for the city? I’m officially done with Paris! Ive seen enough.”

 

Advertisement

See below.

 

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

2023: Sylva withdraws presidential bid

Advertisement

Factual Pursuit of Truth for Progress

Minister of State for Petroleum, Timipre Sylva, has withdrawn from the presidential race in the All Progressives Congress (APC) and has returned to work.

Advertisement

A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) who monitored development at the ministry in Abuja on Monday reports that Sylva withdrew having considered the enormous work at hand at the ministry.

NAN reports that the Northern Solidarity Group had on May 9, presented the APC’s Expression of Interest and Nomination form to the minister to enable him to contest the party’s 2023 presidential primaries.

Advertisement

An official at the ministry who chose to remain anonymous said Sylva withdrew from the race to support President Muhammadu Buhari in his quest to achieve a robust oil sector.

“He promised to consult the leader of the country and his political leaders the day he was presented with the form.

Advertisement

“He believes that concentrating on his work will attract more investments for the oil and gas sector.

“He has consulted and he believes that the challenges at the ministry and oil and gas sector are enough issues for him to begin to deal with now than going to pursue presidential ambition at the expense of the nation.

Advertisement

“The oil and gas sector is the mainstay of the economy and it is not like any other ministry somebody can just come in and take over.

“It requires some measures of time for the person to understand what is happening in the system.

Advertisement

“For the interest of the industry and the nation, he has decided to wave that personal ambition to see what he can contribute in the remaining part of President Buhari’s administration.

“The implementation of the Petroleum Industry Act 2021 is very critical and he wants to continue to make his own contribution to the day-to-day running of the country and support Mr President for robust achievements,” the official said.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, Mr Horatious Egua, Senior Special Assistant to the minister on media, when contacted, confirmed to NAN that the minister was back to work. (NAN)

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

I’m proud of Bello’s development records in Kogi – Hafsat Abiola

Advertisement

Factual Pursuit of Truth for Progress

Ms Hasfat Abiola-Costello, the Director-General, Yahaya Bello Presidential Campaign Organisation, has said she will stand with Governor Yahaya Bello (GYB) of Kogi State in the race for the APC presidential ticket and not South West aspirants.

Advertisement

Abiola-Costello said she is throwing her weight behind Bello because she had seen in him, qualities of the kind of leader Nigeria needed at this point in time.

She said this on Monday while addressing newsmen in Lagos ahead of the APC presidential primaries slated for May 30 and 31, in Abuja.

Advertisement

Abiola-Costello, daughter of the winner of the 1993 presidential election, late Chief MKO Abiola, said she chose Bello over all other South West aspirants because she had seen in him, a true commitment to the progress of the country.

She also said she is proud of the governor’s records in Kogi.

Advertisement

Abiola-Costello, however, said Bello was a loyal and respectful person, who would carry everyone along after he emerged.

On the economy, she noted that statistics from the World Bank on states’ accountability rating in Nigeria indicated that Kogi ranked top among other states in the country.

Advertisement

She said: “This is a man who met a debt profile of about N135 billion in Kogi when he assumed office in 2016 but had been able to reduce it to about N70 billion.

“This is in addition to his huge investments in education, agriculture, security and infrastructural developments.

Advertisement

“The World Bank accountability ranking of states in Nigeria evaluated Kogi as second in 2017, first in 2020 and 2020.

“The draft report for 2020 shows that Kogi scored 100 per cent in all the areas and from indications, the state will maintain the first position in 2021, judging from the draft report that was released just yesterday.

Advertisement

“I am proud of Bello because of his development records in Kogi. This is a governor that is always looking for progress and the development of the lives of his people.

“This is me, a Yoruba, supporting someone from North Central.

Advertisement

“There is no progress without demands, I lost both my parents, though unfortunately because Nigerians believed in them. I’ve been working with GYB for a while and I have seen that he has the courage and intelligence to deliver Nigeria.”

She said as one of the foremost presidential aspirants of the party, Bello had reached out to party stakeholders in nearly all parts of the country, adding that he stood a better chance to clinch the party’s ticket than others. (NAN)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular

X