Home News Former world darts champion, Ted ‘The Count’ Hankey admits sexually assaulting a...

Former world darts champion, Ted ‘The Count’ Hankey admits sexually assaulting a teenage girl

42
0

Former world darts champion, Ted

Former world darts champion, Ted Hankey has admitted to sexually assaulting a teenage girl.

 

The 54-year-old appeared at Warrington Magistrates’ Court on Thursday April 14, where he pleaded guilty to intentionally touching a woman over the age of 16 on September 10 last year.

 

Jonathan Wilkinson, prosecuting, said the victim of the incident in Crewe, Cheshire, was under 18. 

 

District Judge Nicholas Sanders said the case would be sent to Chester Crown Court, where Hankey will be sentenced on May 12. 

 

At court on Thursday morning, Hankey spoke only to confirm his name, age and address and to plead guilty to the charge. 

 

District Judge Nicholas Sanders said the case would be sent to Chester Crown Court, where Hankey will be sentenced on May 12.

 

He told Hankey he would become subject to notification requirements and should report to a local police station as he granted him conditional bail.

 

The darts player, whose nickname is The Count, is a two-time world champion.

 

He first qualified for the BDO World Championship in 1998 and went on to win in 2000 and 2009.

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Previous articleMan masterminds girlfriend’s kidnap in Abuja, takes N2m ransom
Next articleGet your NIN ready to board trains from May

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here