Fashion is versatile and that’s why Muslim women like Basma Kahie are very much respected in the fashion industry because women like her have been able to shatter the stereotype in which they once were placed. For a muslimah modesty is a watch word, now there are of cause several ways to interpret this but for the purpose of this post we would stick yo modesty meaning “not flaunting what you have but still looking chic and cool”.For most Muslim women the Hijab is a wardrobe staple, many even have special spots for all their hijabs, asides from the hijab as a staple there is also blazers and maxi skirts. Now when it comes down to hijab fashion (making the most of your hijab and pairing it with the right pieces) you have to have skill being that you just can’t bare your scarf anyhow if you do you might not like the outcome.
Using Basma Kahie our woman crush Wednesday #5 as a muse, you would be able to see and get inspirations on how she rocks her style. But first here are a few tips you need for your hijab fashion as a muslimah;
- Having makeup on is a necessity especially when you have an event to go to, this would make your face more of the center of attraction.
- Try matching your scarf with your outfit.
- Whether you wear flats or heels make sure they are perfect for your outfit.
- Accessorizing your hijab with a brooch is a good look.
- Overly large outfits just suck you in.