Nollywood star, John Okafor popularly known as Mr Ibu has revealed that he is currently in the hospital because he was poisoned.
The actor who spoke to Saturday Beats, said he wasn’t poisoned in the village but in Abuja at an entertainment event. He also disclosed that he is recuperating.
Mr Ibu said;
“I just got poisoned again. It seems my enemies are using me to rehearse (their powers). This time, I wasn’t poisoned in the village. I was poisoned in Abuja last week at an entertainment event. I really cannot explain how I was poisoned because it was a gathering of people, though it was not a big event.
“I am recuperating, although I have neither worked out nor driven since I got ill. However, I intend to take a walk this (Friday) evening, because I am hopeful that I would get better. I am eating well now, and I’m prepared to go back on set any moment from now.”
The actor also bashed those soliciting for funds on his behalf without his consent. Mr Ibu added;
“Some people have sold me. They have not heard from me and all they want to do is ‘sell me’. But, their plans won’t work because God has raised me up. I am not begging anybody for money. My condition is not as critical as some people are making it seem. Anybody who has made it a point of duty to talk about my sickness and take advantage of it should stop. I am here (hospital) with my wife. I am not saying all my friends that are supposed to visit me and bring me money cannot do that. But, I have never asked anyone to beg people for money on my behalf. They should stop. If I want to die, I would let them know, since they seem to be so interested.”
Join me in praying for his safe return
Nollywood actor, Uche Odoputa, has raised an alarm over the kidnap of his father, Kenneth Odoputa, over two weeks ago.
In a post shared on Instagram, Uche appealed to his friends to pray for the safe rescue of his dad who he said has been in the kidnapper’s den for two weeks and counting.
In his post, the distraught actor wrote ;
“Friends please join me in praying for my father’s safe return from the hands of kidnappers that took him over two weeks now. Mr. Kenneth Odoputa”
2023: ‘I’m focused on AfDB’, Adesina rejects calls to run for president
Factual Pursuit of Truth for Progress
THE President of the African Development Bank (AfDB), Akinwumi Adesina, has rejected the calls from some Nigerians urging him to run for President in 2023.
Some groups had reportedly purchased and submitted the presidential nomination form of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on behalf of Adesina.
But in a statement issued on Tuesday, the AfDB boss said he is “focused on the mission of supporting the accelerated development and economic integration of Africa”.
”I have been extremely humbled by several calls from Nigerians at home and abroad that I should consider running for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I am very touched by all who have gone to great extent, with such huge sacrifices, of their own volition, to consider me worthy to be proposed for potential consideration,” he said.
”The coalition groups of youth, women, farmers, physically challenged and well-meaning Nigerians that have done this have expressed their genuine free will, political right, freedom of expression and association for my consideration, with the interest of Nigeria at heart. While I am deeply honored, humbled and grateful for all the incredible goodwill, kindness, and confidence, my current responsibilities at this time do not allow me to accept to be considered.
”I remain fully engaged and committed to the mission that Nigeria, Africa and all the non-African shareholders of the African Development Bank have given me for Africa’s development. I remain fully focused on the mission of supporting the accelerated development and economic integration of Africa. May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”
Many feared dead as explosion rocks Sabon Gari in Kano (video)
Several people are feared killed with others injured in a huge explosion in the Sabon Gari area of Kano State.
Details of the incident are still sketchy at the time of filing this report but it was gathered that the explosion occurred at about 9am, near a primary school along Court Road by Aba Road, with many children affected .
It was not clear whether it was a case of a bomb blast or as a result of a gas explosion.
Meanwhile the police anti bomb unit and several security units have moved to scene of the incident.