Inter Milan midfielder, Christian Eriksen has returned to the club’s training ground for the first time since his cardiac arrest at the Euro 2020.
Eriksen was taken to a hospital in Denmark on June 12 after collapsing on the field during Denmark’s Euro 2020 opener with Finland.
The former Tottenham Hotspur player spent a week in the hospital, where he had a successful operation to fit a heart-starting device called an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator, or ICD.
The 29-year-old returned to Inter Milan’s Suning Training Centre in Appiano Gentile on Wednesday morning and the Italian club said he was in “excellent physical condition”.
In a statement, the club said: “Eriksen, who greeted managers, coaches, team-mates and all the staff present, is fine and in excellent mental and physical condition.
“Eriksen will follow the recovery programme proposed by the Danish doctors in Copenhagen, who will coordinate all the clinical follow-up and will always keep the Inter Milan medical staff informed.”
He is due to undergo further tests in Italy and is not expected to be back training for several months.
Italy’s technical-scientific committee said last month that Eriksen would need to have his ICD removed before returning to competitive action for Inter.
The British Heart Foundation describes an ICD as a small device which is placed under the skin, connected to the heart with “thin wires” which “sends electrical pulses to regulate abnormal heart rhythms”.
Eriksen’s career with Inter Milan hangs in the balance because Italian protocols prevent people from playing contact sport with such devices implanted, unlike in other European countries.
“Christian Eriksen cannot yet be given the all-clear to play in Italy,” Francesco Braconaro, a member of the Italian FA’s technical scientific committee, said last month.
“If the player has the defibrillator removed, therefore confirming the pathology can be resolved, then he can return to play for Inter.”
Eriksen joined Inter from Tottenham in January 2020 and made 26 appearances in Serie A to help Inter Milan win the Scudetto.
Qatar could ban unvaccinated players from next year’s World Cup
2022 World Cup host nation, Qatar is demanding that all fans and footballers attending the footballing ceremony are completely vaccinated.
The Gulf nation has already revealed that anyone attending the tournament next November will have to be doubled jabbed and has taken up the same position with players, according to a report by The Athletic.
Qatar, who have already administered more than 4.6 million vaccines so far, roughly 82 per cent of their population, are in discussions with FIFA and medical authorities in efforts to reach an amicable solution with footballers union who still have footballers who have refused to be vaccinated.
The Athletic claim a number of options are being considered, including unvaccinated players having to report negative tests every three days.
The report adds that Qatar aims to provide one million doses to spectators ahead of the tournament.
Just last month August,Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admitted ‘not all of the players have been double-jabbed’, adding ‘I have encouraged them to take the vaccination but you cannot force anyone to do that.’
Meanwhile, Qatar have also had to have painstaking talks about the logistics around Covid ahead of the Arab Cup, which starts on November 30 and will be used as test event for next year’s World Cup.
For that tournament, fans will need to be fully vaccinated to attend but players will not be required to follow suit.
Israel reportedly used a remote-controlled gun to assassinate Iran’s top nuclear scientist
A new report has claimed that Israel’s top spy agency Mossad assassinated top Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh on November 27th, 2020 using a remotely-controlled, Artificial Intelligence-assisted machine gun.
According to the new report by The New York Times, Israel reportedly mounted the gun on a pickup truck by the side of the road and, when Fakhrizadeh’s car approached had a distant operator fire the gun using a satellite link.
The attack was precise, but didn’t kill Fakhrizadeh’s wife, and may not have used facial recognition to assist with aiming as unnamed Iranian officials said.
While Israel purportedly used the Artificial intelligence to compensate for the satellite system’s lag and gun recoil, Israel Mossad operatives identified Fakhrizadeh by staging a decoy car with a camera to force a U-turn and get a clear image.
Neither Israel nor Iran has publicly confirmed the use of a robotic gun, although The Times’ story is based in part on the Fakhrizadeh family’s statements to reporters.
After the assassination, the Israeli operatives exploded the truck in a bid to destroy the evidence, but the equipment remained intact (if inoperable). That was how Iranian investigators determined the nature of the attack .
The remote gun was supposedly difficult to set up as Israel reportedly smuggled parts in very gradually.
Israel kelt agents out of harm’s way and avoided raising alarms like a drone. If the gun had been destroyed as planned, Iran might have been unable to determine the assassination method.
With this report, espionage might take a new turn as secret agents can now use robotics to take out targets with little risk to themselves, little warning to enemies and a greater chance of deniability.
If we don’t do this election, there will be trouble
Ifeanyi Ubah, the governorship candidate of the Young Progressives Party, has said there will be trouble if the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra insists that the November 6, 2021 election won’t hold.
IPOB had threatened that there will be no election in the entire South-East zone till it achieves its agitation for secession from Nigeria.
Reacting to IPOB’s stance, Ubah, who represents Anambra South in the upper legislative chamber, told BBC Pidgin on Monday, September 20: “We will talk to our brothers – the IPOB people, they should not say no election because if they say so, they will be imposing something we don’t want.
“So, we have to tell them the importance. We know they have power but let them pipe down for us to do this election because if we don’t do this election proper, there will be trouble. Anambra is the head of Igbo Nation.”
Reacting to the sit-at-home order by IPOB in the South-East, Ubah said, the adverse effects it has caused the people cannot be estimated.
He added: “The trauma also is so much. The truth about it is that our governors should wake up and engage with IPOB.
“It is IPOB that gave such order; talk to them, tell them that we are losing. We are agitating, we must fight for our brother but we can’t also be fighting for our brother and suffering our people.”
He continued: “I believe in Nigerian entity, I believe also that we, the Igbos, through the instrumentality of our state governments, can make Igbo a mini-nation inside the nation.
“We have everything as contained in the Nigerian constitution as a legitimate state, a state that can make what we want. I don’t think unless I change the name of the state; I believe that the more I get from Nigeria, I can now partner with our brothers abroad to bring the aspirations and what they want in the state.”