Connect with us

News

Manchester City defender, Benjamin Mendy allowed to skip pre-trial hearing as he faces string of sex crime charges including seven counts of rape

Manchester City defender, Benjamin Mendy allowed to skip pre-trial hearing as he faces string of sex crime charges including seven counts of rape

Manchester City player, Benjamin Mendy has been allowed to skip the latest court hearing ahead of his upcoming trial for a string of alleged sex crimes.

Advertisement

 

Mendy, 27, of Prestbury, Cheshire, is accused of a total of nine charges – including seven counts of rape – involving six alleged victims.

Advertisement

 

The France international will stand trial on 25 July along with his co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie, 40, who faces similar allegations.

Advertisement

 

On Thursday April 21, Judge Steven Everett, the Honorary Recorder of Chester, presided over administrative and evidential matters which cannot be reported.

Advertisement

 

Both defendants, who are on bail, were excused attendance from at the hearing, which lasted for about 20 minutes.

Advertisement

 

Mendy’s alleged offences include seven counts of rape relating to four women, one of sexual assault and one of attempted rape.

Advertisement

 

Matturie, 40, of Eccles, Salford, is accused of 10 offences involving seven women, including seven counts of rape relating to five women and three of sexual assault.

Advertisement

 

All the charges relate to a period of time between late 2020 and August 2021, with both men arrested on August 26 last year.

Advertisement

 

None of the women can be legally identified.

Advertisement

 

Mendy has played for Manchester City since 2017, when he joined from Monaco for a reported £52million.

Advertisement

 

He was suspended by the club after being charged by police.

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws

News

Watford decline to sign Super Eagles player Peter Etebo permanently from Stoke City

Advertisement

Watford decline to sign Super Eagles player Peter Etebo permanently from Stoke City

??????

 Watford football club will not activate their option to sign Super Eagles midfielder Oghenekaro Peter Etebo permanently from Stoke City, according to new reports.

Advertisement

 

Watford based paper, the Watford Observer in a new report on Tuesday, May 17, said that the club’s new manager Rob Edwards doesn’t see him as part of his plans due to his injury concerns.

Advertisement

 

Following a nice start to his career at Watford, injury forced Etebo, 26, to miss out on months of football, after which he has been on the sidelines.

Advertisement

 
Watford have an option to sign him permanently should they wish to, but club sources have told the Watford Observer they do not think he will be needed.

 

Advertisement

The report reads;

New manager Rob Edwards is set for talks with club chiefs in the coming days, during which the current playing squad will be discussed, as the Hornets prepare to clear out players they think are either surplus to requirements, or will bring in money needed to help balance the books ahead of a season in the Championship.

And one such player who the club do not envisage as being part of their future plans is Etebo, who has been on loan from Stoke during the current campaign.

 

Advertisement

Decisions on the future of other players, like Juraj Kucka, whose contract Watford also have an option to extend by a further year, are yet to have been made and will depend on how those conversations with Edwards play out.

 

Advertisement

Rob Edwards was present at Vicarage Road for Sunday’s 5-1 defeat to Leicester City, as he saw his new club play in person for the first time since his appointment.

 

Advertisement

Etebo has featured in just 10 games in all competitions for the Hornets this season, nine Premier League appearances and one in the Carabao Cup.

 

Advertisement

He missed the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon due to injury but returned to the squad for the 2022 World Cup playoffs with the Black Stars of Ghana in March.

 

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

Kidnappers kill woman in Kaduna over failure to pay ransom

Advertisement

Kidnappers kill woman in Kaduna over failure to pay ransom

Kidnappers have killed a woman, Martina John in Kaduna State after her family failed to pay ransom at the specified date. 

 

Advertisement

Acccording to her uncle, Makeri Danjuma Mohammad, the deceased was abducted two weeks ago from Katari village along Kaduna-Abuja highway. 

 

Advertisement

She was brutally murdered by her abductors and her mutilated body dumped around Sabon Gayan Chikun Local Government Area of the state on May 13. 

 

Advertisement

Martina was laid to rest on Saturday, May 14. 

 

Advertisement

“Martina John is a niece to me. She was kidnapped from our community ten days ago and gruesomely murdered by her kidnappers for not paying the ransom at the time specified by them (kidnappers) May her soul rest in peace,” he wrote

 

Advertisement

“At the grave site of late Martina John today who was kidnapped from my community ten days ago, gruesomely murdered day before yesterday by her heartless kidnappers and her mutilated body dumped around Sabon Gayan near Kaduna. An unprecedented crowd of mourners graced her funeral today. May her soul rest in peace.”

Kidnappers kill woman in Kaduna over failure to pay ransom Kidnappers kill woman in Kaduna over failure to pay ransom Kidnappers kill woman in Kaduna over failure to pay ransom

Kidnappers kill woman in Kaduna over failure to pay ransom Kidnappers kill woman in Kaduna over failure to pay ransom Kidnappers kill woman in Kaduna over failure to pay ransom

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

Abducted Zamfara journalist regains freedom after six days in captivity

Advertisement

Abducted Zamfara journalist regains freedom after six days in captivity

Zamfara-based kidnapped Journalist, Idris Haruna Magami, has regained freedom. He was released Monday evening, May 16, after six days in captivity

 

Advertisement

Idris Haruna a popular Radio presenter in Zamfara was abducted last wednesday while on his way to his hometown Magami, in Gusau local government area of Zamfara State

 

Advertisement

He is a staff of Zamfara State Radio and Television Services

 

Advertisement

Magami/ Dansadau road has been on the news for the wrong reasons following incessant attack on Communities, Commuters and Security operatives

 

Advertisement

Magami is about fifty kilometers from Dansadau, an area known as one of the hotbed of Banditry.

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular

X