Connect with us

News

Married Everton footballer who was arrested on suspicion of child sex offences has his bail extended

Married Everton footballer who was arrested on suspicion of child sex offences has his bail extended

An Everton footballer who was arrested on suspicion of child sex offences last summer has had his bail extended again.

Advertisement

 

The player, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, will next answer bail in July – 12 months after he was arrested by Greater Manchester Police (GMP) and immediately suspended by the club.  

Advertisement

 

He had previously had his bail extended by Greater Manchester Police three times.

Advertisement

 

After being arrested on Friday 16 July 2021, the footballer was out on police bail until October 19, 2021. This was extended to Sunday 16 January 2022, which in turn was extended to Wednesday 19 January.

Advertisement

 

It was then extended for a third time, until April 17 2022, Greater Manchester Police confirmed to Mirror Football in January. And a fresh statement has now revealed that date has been extended to July 16 as enquiries continue.

Advertisement

 

Greater Manchester Police said in a statement: “A 31-year-old man arrested on Friday 16 July 2021 on suspicion of child sex offences has had his bail extended after our application was approved by magistrates. He will now be asked to answer bail on Saturday 16 July as enquiries continue.”

Advertisement

 

The Premier League star was arrested last July after police raided his house. The player – who cannot be named for legal reasons – remains suspended by his club, who have been assisting the police with their investigation.

Advertisement

 

At the time of his arrest last year, Greater Manchester Police said: “Officers arrested a man on Friday 16 July 2021 on suspicion of child sex offences.

Advertisement

 

“He is on police bail pending further enquiries.”

Advertisement

 

Everton also released a statement, it read: “Everton can confirm it has suspended a player pending a police investigation.

Advertisement

 

“The Club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time.”

Advertisement

 

Police have not yet charged the player with any offences.

Advertisement

 

Shortly after the arrest, a source told the Mirror : “This has caused a massive shock.

Advertisement

 

“Any suggestion of allegations of offences involving a child are rightly taken seriously from the point they are made.”

Advertisement

 

The insider added: “Clearly this matter must be fully investigated. Allegations of this nature will cause a considerable amount of alarm among everyone within the club, the fans, and the wider public.

Advertisement

 

“This is now a case of waiting to see where the investigation takes us.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws

News

Tattooed grandmother shares photos taken decades apart to show how much she has changed

Advertisement

Tattooed grandmother shares photos taken decades apart to show how much she has changed

A grandmother who has spent so much on tattoos, has shared series of photos taken decades apart to show how her image has changed over the years.

 

Advertisement

Kerstin Tristan has so far spent £25,000 (€30,000) on her inkings, and now she’s uploaded a before and after photo to her Instagram account. 

 

Advertisement

But the two images were actually taken 30 years apart, illustrating what Kerstin looked like in 1992, 2014 and 2022, and clearly showing Kerstin’s devotion to her hobby.

 

Advertisement

Tattooed grandmother shares photos taken decades apart to show how much she has changed

 

Daily Star reported that the age-defying grandmother began her inking love six years ago and enjoys showing off her body to her 184,000 followers under the name @tattoo_butterfly_flower.

Advertisement

 

Not only is Kerstin now covered in breathtaking tatts, but her red hair is a far cry from the bright, bleached blonde hair she sports now.

Advertisement

 

In her 1992 snap, she appears far more innocent-looking than in the saucy pictures she now uploads.

Advertisement

 

. reads: “#1992 #2014 #2022 #change #changes #necktattoo #colortattoo #colorlove #blondie #beautifulgirls #ink #tatted”

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

Amaechi resigns as minister

Advertisement

Amaechi resigns as minister

Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has finally resigned from his position to contest in the 2023 presidential election.

 

Advertisement

Amaechi reportedly sent in his resignation letter on Monday May 16, the deadline issued by President Muhammadu Buhari to political appointees contesting elections to resign.

 

Advertisement

The Minister who thanked the president for the opportunity to serve, also requested for his support in his political ambition. 

 

Advertisement

The letter read; 

 

Advertisement

“It is with mixed feelings that I tender my resignation as the Minister of Transportation of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to contest for the Presidential ticket of our great party, the All Progressives Congress.

“Your Excellency, it has been a great honor and privilege serving as a member of your cabinet following your historic victory at the polls in 2015. Under your administration, the Ministry of Transportation has recorded significant achievements, made possible by your visionary support and commitment to ensuring that we deliver on our mandate.

“As I embark on the next phase of our mission to work towards a better Nigeria for ALL NIGERIANS, I humbly seek Your Excellency’s prayers, and blessings, and look towards your continuous support and guidance.

Advertisement

“Your Excellency, whilst humbly seeking your kind consideration of my request please accept the assurances of my highest esteem”

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

‘How we tried to save sound engineer murdered by okada men’

The management of Beer Barn, the upscale leisure facility in the Lekki area of Lagos around which a sound engineer, David Sunday Imo, was burnt to death on Thursday May 12, by irate commercial motorcyclists, has disclosed the efforts it said it made to save the deceased from his assailants.

Advertisement

 

The disclosure was made in a statement released in Lagos on Monday May 16. According to the leisure facility, its staff had been told by three naval officers when trouble broke out that they were trying to resolve the dispute that led to the mob setting Imoh ablaze as well as its failed attempt to kill Imoh’s colleague, Philip Balogun, after they were accused of using charm on a commercial motorcyclist who lost, but later regained consciousness.

Advertisement

 

Beer Barn stated that Imoh, a sound engineer with a live band it hired to provide musical entertainment for its patrons, was killed after the naval officers were unable to get the situation under control because of the intensity of the anger of the mob, who thought that the okada man had died.

Advertisement

 

The leisure hub’s management said the first hint of trouble was a commotion at the entrance and was marked by the mob trying to force its way inside.

Advertisement

 

“We requested to know what the issue was and members of the mob replied that somebody from our facility had used a charm to hit one of its members, who was presumed dead.

 

Advertisement

“While we were engaging the mob, David, who was alleged to have used the charm, came out of our facility and was forcibly taken away from our premises by the mob, which insisted he was a yahoo boy (internet fraudster) trying to use the victim for a money ritual.

 

Advertisement

“Our internal security men couldn’t stop them in spite of their best efforts,” the statement read.

 

Advertisement

It added that outside, four members of the band, including its founder, were locked in a car surrounded by the angry motorcyclists, who were allegedly being engaged by the three naval officers. However, the management said when it observed that the military men were not making progress, it called the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Police.

 

Advertisement

“Noticing that the military men were not making any headway in their efforts to bring the situation under control, we called the RRS because the number of angry motorcyclists was increasing.

 

“The RRS team arrived but said the crowd was too big for them to control. At the time of their arrival, nobody had died. The victim of the altercation with the band boy had also regained consciousness,” Beer Barn said in the statement.

Advertisement

 

Beer Barn said in desperation, it called the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of Maroko Police Station, but his team did not arrive before Imoh was killed by the mob.

Advertisement

 

“Before his team could get to our facility, the mob had already burnt David and was on the verge of doing the same to his colleague, Philip Balogun, when policemen arrived and dispersed the crowd by firing in the air,” it added.

 

Advertisement

The leisure facility expressed sadness at the occurrence and support for efforts to bring perpetrators to book.

“Our prayers and thoughts are with the family of the David Imoh. We unreservedly condemn the mob action that led to the unfortunate incident, as it indicated disrespect to life, and are in full support of the efforts to ensure that justice is done in the matter.

 

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular

X