Connect with us

News

NDLEA files charges against Abba Kyari amid extradition moves to US

Advertisement

Factual Pursuit of Truth for Progress

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has filed eight charges against deputy commissioner of police, Abba Kyari, and six others over their involvement in alleged drug trafficking.

Advertisement

The charges come amid moves by the Federal Government to extradite the suspended police officer to the United States to face charges for alleged wire fraud.

The NDLEA filed the charges against Kyari and four members of the Police Intelligence Response Team – Sunday Ubia, Bawa James, Simon Agirigba and John Nuhu – and two others before a Federal High Court in Abuja.

Advertisement

The two other suspects, who were arrested at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu, are Chibunna Umeibe and Emeka Ezenwanne.

In the charge filed through a team of lawyers led by its director, prosecution and legal services, Joseph Sunday, NDLEA accused Kyari and the four other police officers of conspiracy, obstruction, and dealing in Cocaine worth 17.55 kilograms.

Advertisement

They were also accused of tampering with 21.25kg of cocaine unlawfully.

According to the agency, Kyari was caught on camera handing over $61,400 in cash to compromise its operative.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Update: Four killed in Kano gas explosion

Advertisement

Update: Four killed in Kano gas explosion - Police

At least four people were killed and several injured in an explosion that occurred in the Sabon Gari area of the state on Tuesday morning, May 17. 

 

Advertisement

The State Commissioner of Police, CP Samaila Dikko, confirmed that it was a gas explosion and not bomb as widely reported on social media. 

 

Advertisement

Speaking at the scene, Dikko said it was a cylinder used for welding that exploded, adding that four bodies have been recovered so far while efforts are being made to rescue the remaining victims. 

 

Advertisement

“It is not a bomb explosion; it’s a gas cylinder. There is a welder here and he was the first victim of the situation,” the CP stated.

 

Advertisement

“As of now, one female and three males have been killed. All the security agencies are here. The Civil Defence, Brigade commander, Air Force, myself and the director, DSS, are all on ground. 

 

Advertisement

“We will extend our investigation and at the end of the day we will come out with exactly what happened.” he added. 

 

Advertisement

Meanwhile, the area had been cordoned off by a combined team of security agencies, including Police, DSS, Civil Defence Corps.

 

Advertisement

A rescue team from National Emergency Management Agency, Federal Fire Service and Federal Road Safety Corp were also on ground to evacuate injured victims. 

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

Join me in praying for his safe return

Advertisement

Join me in praying for his safe return - Actor Uche Odoputa reveals his father has been kidnapped for over two weeks

Nollywood actor, Uche Odoputa, has raised an alarm over the kidnap of his father, Kenneth Odoputa, over two weeks ago.

 

Advertisement

In a post shared on Instagram, Uche appealed to his friends to pray for the safe rescue of his dad who he said has been in the kidnapper’s den for two weeks and counting.

 

Advertisement

In his post, the distraught actor wrote ;

“Friends please join me in praying for my father’s safe return from the hands of kidnappers that took him over two weeks now. Mr. Kenneth Odoputa”

Join me in praying for his safe return - Actor Uche Odoputa reveals his father has been kidnapped for over two weeks

 

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

2023: ‘I’m focused on AfDB’, Adesina rejects calls to run for president

Advertisement

Factual Pursuit of Truth for Progress

THE President of the African Development Bank (AfDB), Akinwumi Adesina, has rejected the calls from some Nigerians urging him to run for President in 2023.

Advertisement

Some groups had reportedly purchased and submitted the presidential nomination form of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on behalf of Adesina.

But in a statement issued on Tuesday, the AfDB boss said he is “focused on the mission of supporting the accelerated development and economic integration of Africa”.

Advertisement

”I have been extremely humbled by several calls from Nigerians at home and abroad that I should consider running for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I am very touched by all who have gone to great extent, with such huge sacrifices, of their own volition, to consider me worthy to be proposed for potential consideration,” he said.

”The coalition groups of youth, women, farmers, physically challenged and well-meaning Nigerians that have done this have expressed their genuine free will, political right, freedom of expression and association for my consideration, with the interest of Nigeria at heart. While I am deeply honored, humbled and grateful for all the incredible goodwill, kindness, and confidence, my current responsibilities at this time do not allow me to accept to be considered.

Advertisement

”I remain fully engaged and committed to the mission that Nigeria, Africa and all the non-African shareholders of the African Development Bank have given me for Africa’s development. I remain fully focused on the mission of supporting the accelerated development and economic integration of Africa. May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular

X