Have you ever wondered why you don’t always look photogenic in pictures? Some say its natural, others say its your posture etc. Everybody always has one thing to say or the other but many times you are lost on what exactly you can do to change the way you appear in pictures.
Whether we care to admit it or not we live in a world where photograph sells (that’s why we loooove Instagram), therefore to make sure we and our makeup are photo ready, here are some of the make up tips you need to know;
- Before you start your makeup, put some cooling drop into those peepers because, the clearer your eyes are the brighter your face would become.
- A soft hydrated skin gives room to a smooth foundation application, this means you have to prep your skin by slapping on a face mask and leaving it on for about 15 minutes or you can rub some moisturizer on for a few minutes before your full makeup application.
- Its very important that your foundation matches the color of your skin, this cannot be over emphasized. Get a light to medium formula foundation that would enhance your skin color.
- So because you have a zit on your face, you decided to put in a lot of concealer on that spot, I hate to break it to you but too much of concealer would only enhance the problem areas in pictures. So reduce the amount and make sure it matches with your skin.
- Its very important that you highlight strategically, the inner corner of your eyes and the bridge of your nose are the best places to highlight. Make sure you do this light-handedly.
- Your brows frames your entire face, therefore it is very important that you darken them and use short and light strokes to fill up the space.
- Your eyes should pop and you can achieve this by sweeping a natural toned eye-shadow with a brown shadow and then applying eye liner and mascara to bring out your lashes.
- To avoid the kind of error that would be enhanced in a photograph, use a contouring brush to contour and give your face the much desired slimming effect.
- Dark lips are trendy but nothing beats a deep matte red lips on a black woman.
These are the photogenic makeup tips you need to know.
What do you think? Carry out this test and share your findings in the comment section below.
This article was brought to you by the awesome Madivas Team!