Getting the eye shadow looks of celebrities and runway models can be tricky in the real world, so here are the best eye shadow tricks to make sure your look stays fresh and lasts all day long.
– The key to getting any perfect eyeshadow look is to blend properly. Using soft, sculpted eye shadow brushes can make all the difference. To create soft eyes, rotate the brush in tiny circles to make sure each shade on your lid merges seamlessly into the next.
– Perfect eye shadow doesn’t come without its fair share of work. Prepping the base of your lid will prevent smudging and messy, unfocused looks. You can buy eye shadow primer, or you can simply start with a bit of foundation and powder.
– Choose something that fits your eyes, blue eyes look great with shadows in blue, bronze and light brown. Green eyes look great with light browns, dark greens and lavender. If you have brown eyes, consider yourself lucky! You can pull off just about any shade.
– Bring light to your eyes by highlighting in the right places. Accentuating the brow bone and corners of your eyes with the right light shade can mask imperfections and brighten your whole look.
– shimmer shadow can accentuate creases and wrinkles. Go crazy if you’re young. If you’ve seen those crow’s-feet appear, try going for a creamy metallic shade.
– Getting dark eye shadow too close to the lash line can make your eyes appear smaller than they actually are. Go light at the base and work darker colors up to your crease to create full, big eyes.
– It may seem like a simple concept, but cleaning your eye shadow brushes ensures the best application every time. Each night, wash brushes with a bit of baby wash and let them air dry naturally.