A serial rapist who cornered at least six women walking home alone in north London and forced them to have oral sex with him is feared to have targeted more victims, UK police believe.
Francis Mukendi, 27, was dubbed the ‘doorstep rapist’ as he targeted women once they reached their doorsteps and were distracted getting their keys out.
Prosecutors said he would then approach them from behind with a knife or hammer– and force them to perform oral sex on him and once he finished he would run away.
Prosecutors say he filmed his attacks and stored the videos and pictures on his Macbook computer.
Following a six-week trial, Mukendi was found guilty at Wood Green Crown Court of four counts of rape, three counts of attempted rape, two counts of sexual assault and four counts of possession of a bladed article.
He was given a life sentence on March 27 with a minimum of 15 years behind bars relating to six rapes, which all took place in the Camden area between September 2017 and December 2020.
And Police now believe he could have had more victims and are appealing for them to come forward with their stories.
Police say he was ‘exceptionally forensically and digitally aware’ and managed to avoid capture for years by knowing where CCTV cameras were and wearing gloves to stop his fingerprints from being traced during his attacks.
The rapes went unsolved for several and even in one animated video posted on YouTube in 2020, Mukendi even rapped ‘I’m fed up. I ain’t had no sex so I’m stressed out.’
He assaulted his first victim in September 2017 by waiting for her by a doorway, telling her to get down on her knees and putting a knife on her neck.
Detective Sergeant Sam Wood said: ‘I came across the CCTV image that ended up being circulated in the press.
‘I felt that image, as grainy as it’s been described, was clear enough for who knew the person or who was the person to know who it was.’
Detective Inspector Ross Murrell said: ‘Investigation of one allegation of this nature is significant and at a large scale. The reopening of five old ones is a massive investigation for us.
‘Because of the nature of the evidence found on his phone and laptop we strongly believe there are other victims who haven’t come forward.
‘To anyone who believes they are a victim we ask them to come and speak to us or to third parties like Haven or Rape Crisis.’
Paying tribute to the women who came forward, DS Wood added: ‘I cannot thank them enough for doing that. As a collective hopefully that bravery publicised will help other victims to come forward.
‘Even though there was a detailed investigation, without them coming to the court, he may not have been convicted.
‘Forcing the victims to reopen past trauma shows a propensity to be quite arrogant and have no forethought for any trauma he is going to commit
‘These women should be free to walk home at night and he has completely torn that from these women completely.
‘He has done this on their doorsteps. There are many layers of trauma that will have repercussions throughout their life.’
VeekiRoyce Set To Splash Thousands On Fans To Celebrate Her New Single “Oba”
Veekiroyce, Nigeria gospel artiste currently trending with her hit single “On God” has finally revealed her intentions to help few fans in what she tagged #Obagiveawaychallenge.
Veekiroyce who suddenly got into lime light in December last year with “On God” has taken to her Instagram handle to reveal her plans on celebrating her new single “OBA” .
With this move, veekiroyce is set to become amongst the few gospel artiste to run an online give away in recent time.
Follow @veekiroyce for the cash splash..
Police destroy over 4000 wraps of illicit drugs worth N10m in Lagos
Lagos State Police Command on Tuesday May 17, destroyed over 4000 wraps of illicit drugs worth N10 million at Ewu-Elepe Dump Site, Ikorodu.
The drugs were intercepted by RRS officials on patrol of Mile 2 around 4:00 am on 3rd of April, 2022.
Present at the site of the destruction were the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Operations, DCP Ahmed Kontangora, Commander RRS, CSP Yinka Egbeyemi, and representatives of the NDLEA, NAFDAC, KAI, LSNC, etc.
Homeless ex-convict arrested for shooting father of five to death in park
A homeless ex-convict has been arrested for shooting a 62-year-old father of five to death in a Bronx park, New York five months ago.
Ricardo Ferguson, 36, is charged with murder, manslaughter and gun possession for the December 5 shooting of Robert Brown, 62 (pictured above)
Ferguson and another man got into an argument with the victim inside Aqueduct Walk Park, and then allegedly shot him in the head, police said on Tuesday, May 5.
Before he was shot Brown was sitting on a park bench just steps from home.
After he was shot First emergency responders found him face down on the ground, he was rushed to hospital but it was too late as he couldn’t be saved
Brown’s family said they couldn’t understand why anyone would kill the father of five who was well liked by everyone in the community.
“My brother was loving and giving,” said his sister, Tina Brown, 48. “He would help anyone. He was just catching some air in the park. This is unbelievable.”
Police revealed that Ferguson had about eight previous arrests and he was released from prison in Sept. 2020 after serving time for gun possession.