If you are not a doctor or some other expert from the field of medicine, I bet you make difference between these three terms: a heart attack, cardiac arrest and stroke. “I have a heart attack”, may change into “I have a stroke “ from day to day, not knowing actually which term to use it. But, in practice, that does make a big problem.
It is a problem more specifically for you. Not always you need a help from a doctor. Some causes you can treat it at home IF, only if you know what is the right thing that happens to you.
Let’s get to work and distinguish those three very often problematic situations.
It is a circulation disorder.
When the flow of the blood rich with oxygen is blocked to a certain part of the heart muscle, if not restored causes dying of the muscle, thus resulting with heart attack.
If a person has a heart attack, his/her heart continues beating.
It is an “electrical” disorder.
If your heart’s electrical activity undergoes chaos, it’ll result with irregular heart beating, and immediate stop of the blood pumping throughout the body. This condition is cardiac arrest.
In this heart condition, the heartbeat stops completely.
It is a brain disorder.
There are three types of stroke:
- Ischemic stroke: it appears when there’s a blockage of the artery which transports blood rich in oxygen to the brain
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA): it’s called a “mini-stroke” and appears when the artery which transports blood to the brain, temporarily stops transporting the blood.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: it appears upon rupturing an artery inside brain
Heart Attack Symptoms:
These are the heart attack symptoms which can occur early and be your first sign of something wrong happening to your heart:
- Pain in chest (angina): Often characterized as heaviness in the middle of the chest, and confused with indigestion. It can come and go in a matter of minutes.
- Aches in the body: pain in the neck, abdomen, back, jaw, and arms, especially the left one.
- Lacking of breath and wheezing
- Cold sweating
- Feeling dizziness and lightheadedness
- Grown anxiety
You can’t treat these symptoms with home remedies or medications, since they are connected to the heart, and not to the digestive or some other system.
Cardiac Arrest Symptoms:
In some cases, several minutes before a person experiences a cardiac arrest, s/he can feel similar symptoms to those of a heart attack
- Pain in the chest
- Lacking of breath
- Extreme palpitation
But in most cases of a cardiac arrest, the person will experience:
- Loss of breath
- Lack of responsiveness
- Sudden collapse
- Loss of pulse
These symptoms are appearing suddenly and are often resulting in instant death.
Person who has suffered a heart attack has a greater risk of experiencing a cardiac arrest.
- Mental confusion, like forgetting names, places, and inability to follow a conversation
- Disrupted speech
- Numbness of paralysis of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side
- Walking inability, accompanied with dizziness
- Blurred vision, and double seeing
- Headaches and vomiting
- Excessive sweating
Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
Dino Melaye gave us three guns, N430,000 cash, says suspect
Photos From Site Where Nigeria Air Force Plane Crashed In Kaduna
Fayose: "Those Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Should Ask For Forgiveness"
LOVELY OUTFITS FOR COUPLES OF THE YEAR
Dino Melaye Reacts To Confession of Arrested Criminal Who Implicated Him
What You Do Know About a Woman’s Sexual Peak
25 Hot Fulani Braids to Copy This Summer
Fashionable and Classic Ankara Gowns 2018 You Will Love to Have
Kids Braids Hairstyles 2018 : Beautiful Styles for Cute Little Girls
Ghanaians request more education on Lassa fever
African Braids Hairstyles 2018 : New Amazing Braids for Beautiful Ladies
2018 Eye Makeup Trends : Beautiful Makeup Compilation (Part 02)
This Coleslaw Recipe Is What You Need As You Start This New Week
2018 Braided Hairstyles : Awesome Braids Ideas #PART 2
Grow Healthy Natural Hair By Following These Tips By Naturally Temi
Relationship Tips4 days ago
Buhari, Bill Gate, Gen.AbdulSalami, Saraki others grace Dangote’s daughter wedding
Sex & Love4 days ago
What to Do if You Love Oral Sex but Your Partner Doesn’t
Featured5 days ago
The single most important factor in healthy relationships
News2 days ago
How Senator Slump, Die In His Abuja Home Yesterday