Ingredients for Ogbono Soup
Assorted Meat and Fish: Beef, Shaki (cow tripe), Dry Fish, Stockfish
2 handfuls Ogbono Seeds
3 cooking spoons red palm oil
Vegetable: Frozen Spinach (you can also use Pumpkin leaves or even Bitterleaf)
1 handful crayfish
Pepper and Salt (To taste)
1 medium onion
2 stock cubes (Maggi/Knorr)
Before you cook Ogbono Soup
Grind the Ogbono with a dry mill.
Cut the frozen spinach when it is not completely defrosted. It is easier that way. Then when completely defrosted, squeeze out the excess water.
Cook the assorted meat with the stock cubes and onion. If you will use Shaki, remember to start cooking that first, then add beef when almost done.
Grind crayfish and pepper.
Boil some water and set aside.
Cooking Directions for Ogbono Soup
1.,Pour the palm oil into a clean dry stainless steel or aluminium pot.
2. Set on the stove and melt the oil at low heat. Remember, only melt the oil, do not allow it to heat up.
3. Once melted, turn off the heat and add the ground Ogbono.Use your cooking spoon to dissolve the Ogbono in the oil.
4. When all the Ogbono powder has completely mixed with the oil, add the meat/fish stock (water from cooking the assorted meat and fish).
5. Set the heat of your cooker to low and start stirring. You will notice the Ogbono start to thicken and draw.Keep stirring till the Ogbono has completely absorbed the meat stock.
6. Add a small quantity of the hot water and stir till the Ogbono has absorbed all the water.
7. Making sure that your heat is set to low, cover the pot and start cooking.
8. Once it starts to simmer, stir every 2-3 minutes for 20 minutes.
So what you’ll do is: every 3 minutes or so, open the pot, stir every well, scraping the Ogbono that sticks to the base of the pot, cover the pot and cook for another 3 minutes.
9. After 20 minutes, the Ogbono should be well cooked and you will begin to perceive its nice flavour and aroma.
10. Add the assorted meat and fish, ground crayfish, salt and pepper to taste.
The Ogbono may have become thicker from the cooking. If so, add a little bit more water and stir very well.
11. Cover and cook till the contents of the pot is well heated up.
If you prefer your Ogbono Soup without vegetables, turn off the heat and serve but if you like to add a vegetable then keep reading
12. When the contents of the pot have heated up, add the vegetable (frozen Spinach or pumpkin). Stir very well, cover the pot and turn off the heat. Leave to stand for about 5 minutes and serve with Fufu or eba.
YOU CAN WEAR TO HAPPY HOUR
THIS FRESH STYLES ARE WINNING
11 Trending Ghana Weaving 2018 You Should Try
19 Latest Ankara Short Gown Styles You Should Sew This Year
9 Short Hairstyles That Will Make You Ditch Your Braids
Mind Blowing Aso Ebi Peplum Gowns 2018 for Beautiful Owambe Rockers
African Braids Hairstyles 2018 : New Amazing Braids for Beautiful Ladies
2018 Eye Makeup Trends : Beautiful Makeup Compilation (Part 02)
This Coleslaw Recipe Is What You Need As You Start This New Week
2018 Braided Hairstyles : Awesome Braids Ideas #PART 2
Grow Healthy Natural Hair By Following These Tips By Naturally Temi
Fashion5 days ago
Magnifique Aso Ebi Skirt and Blouse Designs for Owambe Rockers
Fashion5 days ago
Gorgeous Ankara Gown Styles for Smart Ladies to Slay
Fashion3 days ago
2018 Adorable African Dresses : Lovely Collection of African Styles
Fashion4 days ago
Sophisticated Aso Ebi Lace Short Gowns 2018 for Wedding Guests