We can freely say that one of the best kept secrets in the world is castor oil. Castor oil contains proteins, minerals, vitamin E, anti – fungicidal and antibacterial properties. Castor Oil consists of a triglyceride of fatty acids (90% of which are smade up of ricinoleic acid). The unbelievable healing abilities are coming from its unique composition. Ricinoleic acid is known to be effective in preventing molds, viruses, yeasts and getting rid of bacteria.
A little History
Historically, castor oil was used as an oral laxative. However, today castor oil is mostly recommended and used as a topical application. It’s an effective and cheap remedy for many ailments. Castor oil has been used for many practical applications. The textile industry in Russia uses the stem of the plant.
The plant from which castor oil is extracted, Ricinus communis is native to India. Along with amazing health benefits, the plant itself is known for being one of the most toxic plants on earth. Any way, castor oil is not toxic – there is nothing to worry about. When castor oil is extracted, the toxic part is left behind in the pulp of the seeds.
Castor oil has a long list of useful properties.
- Helps the intestinal system with dysentery and inflammatory bowels.
- Menstrual Disorders. Castor oil is known to relax the muscles involved in menstrual cramps.
- Athlete’s Foot
- Regrows and thickens hair. Castor oil is loaded with omega 9 fatty acids, which nourish the follicles and hair. Castor oil is able to penetrate into the pores and follicles that produce hair. Just massage a couple of drops of castor oil into your hair.
- Skin Problems
- Improves Lymphatic Flow. According to Dr David Williams, “No drug exists that has the ability to improve lymphatic flow; however, the job can easily be handled through the topical application of Castor oil.”
- Anti – Castor oil consists of ricinoleic acid, which has anti – inflammatory properties. It is used for reducing swelling and inflammation of tissues and joints.
- Yeast Infections. Ricinoleic acid found in castor oil is able inhibit the growth of bacteria, virus and yeast’.
- Dandruff and Hair. Due to germicidal, insecticidal and fungicidal properties, castor oil is an effective treatment for dandruff and helps protect the scalp from microbial and fungal infections.
- Due to its anti – inflammatory properties, castor oil promotes regular bowel movement.
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Due to the ricinoleic acid in castor oil, many skin problems can be treated with it.
To treat skin problems.
For various skin conditions such as fungal infections, ringworm, sprains and warts, bacterial infections, keratosis, bursitis, itching, sebaceous cysts, apply castor oil with rubbing the problematic areas of the skin.
Castor oil packs
Making castor oil packs is another way to use castor oil. They help with various health ailments such as , irritable bowel syndrome, kidney stones, ovarian cysts, fibroids, menstrual cramps and swollen joints digestive disorders. Soak a cotton cloth folded in several layers in oil and apply it to the skin.Castor oil packs are usually applied to joints and muscles. Place a hot water bottle placed over the pack, if you want to increase its effectiveness. Leave it on for an hour. Use it no more than 3 times a week.
(via Healthy And Natural Life)