Oh, raw diet juicing…look at programmes of the major natural healing centres all around the world…and it is there every single time! So it must be awesome…
Let me present to you…the most powerful, alkalising, hydrating, energising, nourishing, cleansing, healing and rejuvenating elixir that will take your raw food diet to a next high…the mighty juice!
Why is raw diet juicing good for you?
While fibre is very important in our diets, leaving it behind in the juicing process allows juice to:
- give your body rest from solid food digestion
- nutrients “saved” on fuel digestion can be focused on metabolic processes
- extract 99.99% of nutrition “trapped” in fibers (provided you own a proper juicer)
- unbelievably concentrated nutrients can be rapidly absorbed straight into your cells
- effectively balance, neutralise and alkalise your body
- truly cleanse the body by sucking toxicity out from your cells
- rebuild your cells, soothe inflamed and damaged tissues
- get a significant amount of raw living food into your diet on daily basis
- assimilate into your body within 20-30 minutes so you feel the energy and goodess flowing through your veins in minutes
- effectively hydrate the body – particularly mineral rich sprout and green juice
How to get the most out of raw diet juicing?
- Drink it on an empty stomach so that it can hit your blood stream fast and get to work at once (set yourself up for the day in the best way possible every morning ! ).
- Drink it within 15-20 minutes for maximum benefit. Once food is chopped, the enzymes are activated and oxidation causes rapid nutrient loss (but of course fresh juices can be stored and refrigerated)
- Allow at least 20 minutes before consuming any additional food or drink as it would slow digestion of the juice down and many of the potential benefits will be lost (in the worst case fermentation and digestive upset may happen)
- Use the best produce you can find – fresh, organic, local and seasonal
- Peel non-organic or waxed produce before using it
- Wash all produce before using it
- Strain your juice to remove fibre and foam before you drink it
- Get a heavy duty juicer
But! Listen to your body. Don’t push yourself. Start with 1 glass (8 ounces) and take it from there.
It is perfectly normal if you feel a bit nauseous after drinking your juice at the beginning. Drink a bit less the next time and increase the amount over time as your body gets more cleansed of toxins.
As soon as you learn about the benefits of juicing and experience them for yourself you will want to drink more and more! There are no known or proven harmful effect of drinking too much raw juice. Enjoy it as often as you like.
Raw diet juicing is unbeatable for detoxification of the body. As a result, exclusive consumption of juices is sometimes used for healing and cleansing.
Wow, the amazing juice fasts – or rather juice feasts! You simply must try one when you’re ready, it will turn your life upside-down – in a great way!:)
Always undertake such programs under proper supervision – to be safe and get the most out of them.
Outside of juice feasts, drink fresh juices in addition to a fiber rich plant based diet.
Still not convinced that raw diet juicing totally rocks?
I challenge you to try juicing (or even a full blown juice feast if you dare!) and let the results speak for themselves!
Jay Kordich is the father of juicing. What is his favourite juice recipe?
– 10 carrots
– 1 apple
(serves 2 juice-lovers)
Also watch video below which include yummy raw green juice:
- 5-7 Honeycrisp or Pink Lady Apples
- Juice of 2-3 Lemons or Limes
- 5-6 Stalks of Celery
- 1 Cucumber
- Half Head of Romaine
- 1 Head of Kale