Asthma, also known as Shwas Roga, is the most common chronic respiratory disease that is caused due to allergy. It gets severe during the winter season, which causes mucus to accumulate in the chest blocking the respiratory track of the patient. Due to this, the patient finds difficulty in breathing, which is called an asthmatic attack.
The most common causes of asthma, chronic cough, and other respiratory diseases are pollution, smoke, dust, flu, etc. All these can be cured naturally with the help of Ayurveda. Here is a simple recipe to cure asthma and cough.
How To Prepare It
- 10 grams raisins
- 10 grams ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 amla fruits (Indian gooseberry)
How To Make
- Take a clean vessel and add three amla fruits to it.
- Fill the vessel with water and heat it.
- Boil it till the outer pulp becomes soft.
- Now, remove the vessel from the heat and let it cool down for some time.
- Remove the seeds from the fruit and put the remaining pulp in a mortar.
- Grind the paste thoroughly with the pestle and then add raisins to it.
- Grind it again so that the raisins are mixed properly with the amla pulp.
- Add ginger powder and honey to it so that it forms a thick paste.
How And When To Take This?
You can take a dose of three to five grams twice a day after meals. However, you might feel quite thirsty after consuming this mixture. Drink warm water preferably.
This remedy is useful in treating almost all disorders . to respiration, including asthma, cough, bronchitis, etc.
People who have a sensitive stomach can also consume this as the ingredients have a nourishing and rejuvenating effect on the body. You might be worried about the spiciness of ginger. However, there is no need to worry. The spiciness is controlled by the other ingredients – amla and raisins.
Why This Works?
According to Ayurveda, the main cause of worsening of respiratory diseases are an imbalance in the vata and kapha doshas. The ingredients present in this remedy are all efficient in balancing both the doshas.
Ginger is a great anti-inflammatory herb, and it turns out to be very useful to relieve the excess sputum.
Asthma or tuberculosis patients who are suffering from these longstanding diseases require a rejuvenation treatment, and this is provided by the magical ingredients – amla and raisins.
How Long Should You Continue This Treatment?
You can continue this treatment for two to three months, or as prescribed by your doctor.
How Long Can This Be Stored?
Once you prepare this mixture, you can store it for a maximum of three days. Since the pulp of amla contains moisture, it should not be stored for a longer period.
In Order To Store It For A Longer Time, Can We Use Amla Powder Instead Of Amla Pulp?
The answer is yes. However, the effectiveness of this remedy will be slightly lower if you use amla powder. Hence, it is best to use amla pulp.
Is It Safe For Kids?
If your kid is above five years of age, you can give it to him/her, but for a short period. You must consult your doctor before giving this to kids.
Is It Safe To Give This Medicine To Pregnant Ladies Or During Lactation?
Pregnant ladies must avoid this remedy. However, it can be taken during lactation.
Does It Have Any Side Effects?
- The medicine can be taken even if the person has a sensitive stomach or is suffering from gastric issues. In case of doubt, you can try taking it in small doses of one to two grams. If you do not notice any side effects, you can continue the normal dosage.
- If you are suffering from diabetes, it is best to avoid it.
As we all know, honey and ginger are the most common ingredients to treat any disorder . to digestion or the respiratory tract. Hence, this remedy is one of the safest home remedies to cure asthma and chronic cough. Amla and raisins make it more effective. Try this remedy. We are sure you won’t be disappointed.
If you have any doubts or queries, you can ask them in the . section below.