Connect with us

News

Suspected North Korean missile lands in Japan’s exclusive economic zone

Advertisement

Factual Pursuit of Truth for Progress

 

Advertisement

South Korea’s military said it had fired missiles from ground, sea and air in response to North Korea’s launch of a new intercontinental ballistic missile on Thursday in Japan.

Pyongyang has launched nearly a dozen weapon tests this year in an unprecedented spree in defiance of UN sanctions.

Advertisement

But long-range and nuclear tests such as the one conducted on Thursday have been paused since leader Kim Jong Un met then-US president Donald Trump for a bout of doomed diplomacy, which collapsed in 2020.

South Korea’s President Moon Jae-in said in a statement that, “Thursday’s launch was a breach of the suspension of intercontinental ballistic missile launches promised by Chairman Kim Jong Un to the international community.

Advertisement

“It poses a serious threat to the Korean peninsula, the region and the international community,” Moon said, adding that it was a “clear violation” of UN Security Council resolutions.

The missile was fired on Thursday afternoon from Sunan – likely the same site as a failed test last week – and had a range of 6,200km, Seoul’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said.

Advertisement

The missile flew for 71 minutes and landed in Japan’s territorial waters, according to the Japanese government.

“This is such an outrageous, unforgivable act,” Japan’s Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said in Brussels where he was due to meet with members of the Group of Seven.

Advertisement

North Korea was threatening “the peace and safety of Japan, the region and the international community,” he added.

“This cannot be accepted.”
Nuclear-armed North Korea has long coveted an ICBM that can carry multiple warheads and, the US and South Korea say, has been testing the Hwasong-17, a giant ICBM first unveiled in October 2020.

Advertisement

Despite biting international sanctions over its weapons programs, Pyongyang has doubled-down on Kim’s drive to modernize the military, and last week test-fired what analysts said was likely the Hwasong-17.

That launch ended in failure, exploding mid-air in the skies above the capital.

Advertisement

“Pyongyang attempted to fire an ICBM at the Sunan airport last week but failed,” said Go Myong-hyun, senior researcher at the Asan Institute for Policy Studies.

“So it carried out today’s launch to make up for that failure and because it has to complete the ICBM technology right away,” he told AFP.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

2023: ‘I’m focused on AfDB’, Adesina rejects calls to run for president

Advertisement

Factual Pursuit of Truth for Progress

THE President of the African Development Bank (AfDB), Akinwumi Adesina, has rejected the calls from some Nigerians urging him to run for President in 2023.

Advertisement

Some groups had reportedly purchased and submitted the presidential nomination form of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on behalf of Adesina.

But in a statement issued on Tuesday, the AfDB boss said he is “focused on the mission of supporting the accelerated development and economic integration of Africa”.

Advertisement

”I have been extremely humbled by several calls from Nigerians at home and abroad that I should consider running for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I am very touched by all who have gone to great extent, with such huge sacrifices, of their own volition, to consider me worthy to be proposed for potential consideration,” he said.

”The coalition groups of youth, women, farmers, physically challenged and well-meaning Nigerians that have done this have expressed their genuine free will, political right, freedom of expression and association for my consideration, with the interest of Nigeria at heart. While I am deeply honored, humbled and grateful for all the incredible goodwill, kindness, and confidence, my current responsibilities at this time do not allow me to accept to be considered.

Advertisement

”I remain fully engaged and committed to the mission that Nigeria, Africa and all the non-African shareholders of the African Development Bank have given me for Africa’s development. I remain fully focused on the mission of supporting the accelerated development and economic integration of Africa. May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

Many feared dead as explosion rocks Sabon Gari in Kano (video)

Advertisement

Many feared dead as explosion rocks Sabon Gari in Kano (video)

Several people are feared killed with others injured in a huge explosion in the Sabon Gari area of Kano State. 

 

Advertisement

Details of the incident are still sketchy at the time of filing this report but it was gathered that the explosion occurred at about 9am, near a primary school along Court Road by Aba Road, with many children affected .

 

Advertisement

It was not clear whether it was a case of a bomb blast or as a result of a  gas explosion. 

 

Advertisement

Meanwhile the police anti bomb unit and several security units have moved  to scene of the incident. 

 

Advertisement

Details later…

 

Advertisement

 

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

‘It would be massive if Liverpool Win Champions League’ – Jurgen Klopp

Advertisement

  ?It would be massive if Liverpool Win Champions League? ? Jurgen Klopp

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp has revealed his thoughts towards the possibility of the club winning the Champions League.

The Reds lifted their second trophy of the season last Saturday after beating Chelsea on penalties in the FA Cup final.

Advertisement

Klopp’s men play Real Madrid next week in the Champions League final and on Tuesday, May 17, they can close the gap between themselves and Manchester City to one point with just one game left in the English premier league.

 

Advertisement

Speaking ahead of Liverpool’s trip to Southampton on Tuesday, Klopp said: 

“If we play a season like we play and we win the Carabao and fight for the title until the end, I think it’s a good season,” Klopp told TribalFootball

“The FA Cup is a massive competition. It felt great. It takes pressure off and that’s what makes it more enjoyable.

“It would be massive if we win in a few weeks’ time in the Champions League. But we play the most experienced Champions League team on this planet.

“We aren’t massive favourites. It’s an open game and every little advantage we can get is good. They have already won the league already. Between now and then, two massive games.”

 
 

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular

X