Yes, it’s 2017 and office dress codes have relaxed considerably since the days when a man couldn’t step out in anything less than a three-piece suit. And while that’s mostly for the best, it’s no excuse to start dressing like a slob. Instead, stick to the following principles and you’ll stand out in just about any workplace—in a good way.
- A great watch is a necessity. It not only dresses up your handshake but your newfound promptness for 9am meetings will help you get ahead.
- Not every shoe has to lace or buckle; try a Chelsea boot. Not only do they look great under a slim suit pant but will dress up a pair of jeans too
- What’s in your bag speaks volumes about you. Does yours say, “I live in my car and carry everything I need with me at all times.” Or does it say, “All I needed was the contract. Sign >.”
- Retire the black nylon messenger bag and upgrade to an investment piece in quality leather that you can carry forever.
- Stop wearing square-toed dress shoes
- Nothing says “amateur” like an ill-fitting suit. Find a tailor and find him fast
- French cuff shirts can really class up a suit, but not jeans
- Just say no to novelty ties.
- If you are allowed to wear jeans to work, keep them neat and clean. Nothing about your office attire should be described as distressed
- Your tie should never be wider than your lapel and shouldn’t hang below your belt
- The fewer logos, the better. Your only allegiances at work should be to your company, not your favorite team or brand.
- White socks are for the gym, not for under a suit.
- Playful socks are a great way to show your personality at the office, but they should still complement the whole outfit.
- Socks should reach your midcalf, so as not to show your skin when seated
- Wearing sneakers with a suit can look great, but don’t wear your old grimy gym shoes to the office. Instead invest in a great pair of dress sneakers.
- Not every shirt has to be white.
- No baseball caps. Want to wear a hat? Try a more refined porkpie or fedora style
- When it comes to belts, opt for a classic silver buckle. Extra points if your initials are engraved.
- Switch it up: Try a polo shirt with your suit. We recommend a solid color without a logo
- Never leave home in unpolished shoes.
- Don’t forget the power of a great blazer. It’ll dress up a pair of jeans, but it can usually be worn with the pants from your other suits to double your wardrobe
- Any hair on your head or your face should always be neat and trim.
- Get a manicure. No one wants to shake an unkempt hand.
- Keep the sandals out of the office.
- It may be a cliché, but think it through: At the end of the day, dress for success.
Ad ==> A Former One Minute Man Who Now Last 30mins In Bed Reveals The Secret Of His New Strength
President Buhari and Aisha hosted to a dinner by Queen Elizabeth II
Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal at the end of the season
Chef Muse will help your kids find their cooking muse at the 2018 GTBank Food and Drink Fair
Many Low Income Countries Will Face Unsustainable Debt – IMF
One hour with Dangote auctioned for N600k at a recent event
Monica Osagie, lady in the OAU sex-for-mark scandal (picture)
AMAZING GELE STYLES
WEDDING OUTFITS FOR BRIDES
BBNaija 2018: Simi reacts to pregnancy rumour
Photos of Inspector Yemisi Florence Makinde killed by armed robbers in Offa, Kwara State
ADD THIS WEEKEND STYLES TO YOUR COLLECTIONS
Update On Deadly Offa Robbery: 7 Vehicles Recovered, 7 Suspects Arrested
African Braids Hairstyles 2018 : New Amazing Braids for Beautiful Ladies
2018 Eye Makeup Trends : Beautiful Makeup Compilation (Part 02)
This Coleslaw Recipe Is What You Need As You Start This New Week
2018 Braided Hairstyles : Awesome Braids Ideas #PART 2
Grow Healthy Natural Hair By Following These Tips By Naturally Temi
WARM N GLITTERY CHRISTMAS MAKEUP TUTORIAL
Ankara Styles3 hours ago
BEAUTIFUL LADIES WITH BEAUTIFUL STYLES SEEN AT THE RECEPTIONS
Ankara Styles24 hours ago
Latest , Stylish, Elegant And Beautiful Ankara Styles For Ladies
News35 mins ago
Offa Bank robbery: Names of victims emerge [See list]
News3 hours ago
American student’s tweets about his encounter with his Arab classmate goes viral for all the right reasons