Connect with us

News

The old guard returns as Buhari makes 13 appointments

Published

on

After more than one month of foot dragging, President Muhammadu Buhari finally announced the reappointment of Abba Kyari as his chief of staff and Boss Mustapha as Secretary to the Government of the Federation. He also announced 11 person aides, most of whom are simply returning to the roles they occupied previously.

The appointments were backdated to May 29th, the day of the inauguration.

Why it matters: If Pres. Buhari was simply going to retain those who served in these positions before May 29th, why did he need five weeks of uncertainty to make his decision? It’s the same pattern all over again of taking ages to arrive at a decision that showed no difference in thinking all along.

Also, Kyari’s reappointment is a controversial one, as some supporters of the president had publicly asked for him to be replaced.

Important to note that these appointments were announced by Garba Shehu, the senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity, who alongside Femi Adeshina, the special adviser on media and publicity, have been acting in that position without a formal appointment.

READ: Osinbajo’s comments support argument that Buhari is breaking the law on appointments

The names of the 11 other aides announced today:

  1. Mohammed Sarki Abba – Senior Special Assistant to the President (Household and Social Events)
  2. Ya’u Shehu Darazo – Senior Special Assistant to the President (Special Duties)
  3. Dr Suhayb Sanusi Rafindadi – Personal Physician to the President
  4. Amb. Lawal A. Kazaure – State Chief of Protocol
  5. Sabiu Yusuf – Special Assistant (Office of the President)
  6. Saley Yuguda – Special Assistant (House Keeping)
  7. Ahmed Muhammed Mayo – Special Assistant (Finance & Administration)
  8. Mohammed Hamisu Sani – Special Assistant (Special Duties)
  9. Friday Bethel – Personal Assistant (General Duties)
  10. Sunday Aghaeze – Personal Assistant (State Photographer)
  11. Bayo Omoboriowo – Personal Assistant (Presidential Photographer)

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

four × 1 =

News

Lagos state government gives explanation on why traffic gridlock is being experienced in the state

Published

on

The Lagos State Government has appealed to residents and motorists to bear with it over serious traffic currently being experienced in several parts of the metropolis.

The Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso, in a statement, said the gridlock was as a result of massive road repairs being carried out by the government, saying the situation was temporal.

The Lagos State Government has noted the discomfort commuters and motorists have been experiencing since the beginning of the massive road repairs under ‘Operation 116’ across the State.

There is no deliberate action to cause Lagosians any pain; the present situation is temporary. The contractors are speeding up their jobs and they are being encouraged to work at night where possible, even as motorists are being advised to use alternative routes.

The discomfort will be short-lived. The State government has directed the relevant agencies to review traffic control and regulation policies towards identifying a long-lasting remedy to the problem.

The daily influx of people from other parts of the country into Lagos has contributed to the big human and vehicular pressure on the roads. The government will surely surmount the challenges with technology and enforcement of traffic rules.

The Government appreciates the perseverance of Lagosians and pledges its commitment to pooling all its re.s together to achieving a permanent solution to the problem posed by the rehabilitation of bad roads. The administration will ensure that majority of the roads become smooth and motorable before the Yuletide” he said

. Lagos state government gives explanation on why traffic gridlock is being experienced in the state . .

Continue Reading

News

Babcock University says Persons involved in Viral Video are No Longer Students

Published

on

The management of Babcock University has released a statement concerning the leaked video of two of its rumoured students having sex.

The video which has since gone viral on social media shows two people said to be students of the school having sex.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, signed by Joshua Suleiman, the varsity’s director, communication and ., stated that the persons involved in the sex tape are no longer students of the varsity.

Read the statement below.

. Babcock University says Persons involved in Viral Video are No Longer Students . .

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Advertisement

Trending

X

Copyright © 2018 Lifestyle.ng. powered by Identical.Media.