Whether you like it or not, the way you dress . a role in your success in the modern work place. What most people do not know is that appearance can really translate performance in the work environment, even if your boss thinks less of you subconsciously, you can actually make him think highly of you with your dress sense. Looking appropriate to work can also make you fit in and boost your chances of promotion. Though in todays’ workplace casual are becoming popular that is can be tricky to understand the rules of appearance. If you just started working in a corporate organisation and finding it hard to determine which outfit will be appropriate, below are tips that will motivate you;
- Understand your company’s dress code: Some companies draw a line to what you should wear to work and they are different from other companies. What your former company accepted as their dress code might be prohibited in your new company, so if your company has a dress code, follow it.
- Make sure your clothes fit: If your clothes are too big or too small, they will not fit and will not look good on you. Wearing what fits do not only apply to clothes alone but everything you are wearing.
- Don’t wear strong perfume or cologne: That you should not wear strong perfume or cologne does not imply tou should wear at all, but wear a cool and nice perfume because what anyone can smell is not a good idea.
- Don’t be too sexy: Wearing inappropriate outfit will not only cause distraction but can also give a bad impression about you. Avoid too-short outfit, too-tall heels and keep your legs covered so that people will have good impression about you and remember you for that.
- Don’t over accessorise and your jewellery should not make noise: Accessories are meant to compliment outfits and overpower it. It won’t be nice if you distract people with bangles that dingles when you move, so it best you only wear accessories that will compliment your outfit and not cause distraction.
- Wear rich colors to portray authority and avoid over flashy colors: Both men and women should be cautious about the colors they wear to work. Flashy colors can be too distracting and can be equivalent to shouting.
- Make your hair neat: Never leave home with a wet or rough hair, it makes you look like you don’t have your life together which can also mean you don’t have your career together.
- Wear well kept shoes and bag: Pay attention to your bag and keep your it clean from the inside especially if it does not have a zip. Make sure your shoes are polished and in good condition because most time our shoes are what people notice first.
Lifestyle - Fashion - News - Beauty - Health App DOWNLOAD LIFESTYLE MOBILE APP
Do you have other tips to add? Share with us in the comment section below.