Connect with us

News

Travis Scott hit with new $2billion lawsuit on behalf of 282 victims of The Astroworld Tragedy

\"Travis

A Texas attorney has filed a $2 billion lawsuit on behalf of 282 victims of the deadly Astroworld Festival adding to the legal woes faced by Travis Scott and other parties involved in the deadly event. 

 

“The defendants stood to make an exorbitant amount of money off this event, and they still chose to cut corners, cut costs, and put attendees at risk,” San Antonio-based attorney Thomas Henry in a news release.

 

“My clients want to ensure the defendants are held responsible for their actions, and they want to send the message to all performers, event organizers, and promoters that what happened at Astroworld cannot happen again,” he added.

 

The lawsuit seeks up to $2 billion in damages from a long list of defendants, including Scott, Drake, event organizers Live Nation, Apple Music and NRG Stadium.

 

In an interview with Hollywood Life last week, Henry said his clients range in age from teens to 40.

 

“They have injuries ranging from heart attacks, to heart issues, to brain injuries, to spinal injuries, to broken bones, broken legs, eye injuries, internal organ injuries, bruising and bleeding,” the high-powered lawyer told the outlet.

 

In addition to the “severe physical injuries,” Henry said there is “just a whole calamity, emotional injuries that were suffered” as well.

 

“Those who were injured are still very traumatized because they had to step over dead bodies. They didn’t have a choice because there was nowhere to move. These people were trapped. The crushing effect was so heavy and so hard. They couldn’t breathe. They couldn’t get out,” he told Hollywood Life.

 

Henry said his law firm was focusing on Travis and Drake in attempts to get ahold of their cellphones.

 

“We already have started this process and are going to make sure that we get him and Drake’s cellphones because there are communication systems in play that will be in those cellphones,” he told the outlet.

 

“Every type of communication that he does, whether it be his audio, or his video, or his text messages, or his cellphone calls — we are going to make sure that they are all preserved,” Henry added.

 

The latest lawsuit comes on the heels of Houston attorney Tony Buzbee’s $750 million suit filed on behalf of 125 victims also against Scott, Drake, Live Nation, Epic Records, Apple Music, and other entities.  

 

Among his clients is the family of 21-year-old Axel Acosta Avila, one of 10 people who died in the tragedy.

 

At least 140 lawsuits have been filed in the wake of the disaster, CNN reported, citing Harris County District Court records.

 

A spokesperson for Scott told Fox News Digital last week that he is still “actively exploring routes of connection” with families affected by the tragedy.

 

The deadly November 5 festival’s death toll rose to 10 last week when 9-year-old Ezra Blount passed away as a result of the injuries he suffered from the crowd surge and trampling.

Politics

News Update?Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal Sitting Begins October 26

Latest Politics updatein nigeria

Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal will on October 26 begin a full hearing of the petition filed by Governor Adegboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress (APC) against the declaration of Senator Ademola Adeleke as governor-elect.

Lifestyle Nigeria reports that the tribunal made this pronouncement after concluding the pre-hearing session on Thursday.

The tribunal was asked to dismiss the applications of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), seeking the discontinuation of the petition brought to it by Governor Oyetola.

Counsel for Oyetola and the APC, Lasun Sanusi, SAN, at the sitting of the tribunal argued that Adeleke’s, PDP’s and INEC’s reliance on a Federal Court High judgment was nothing but an abuse of court process.

Sanusi argued this while replying to separate applications of the trio, seeking the dismissal of the petition based on the already appealed Federal High Court judgment disqualifying Oyetola from contesting the election.

Citing Supreme Court decisions in the case of Jegede Vs INEC, 2021, 14NWLR, Pt 1797, page 409, the counsel said the court had ruled that the signatories to the letter conveying the nomination of a candidate were not the nominators; rather, the nomination was done by party members at the congress, hence, the judgment could not stand.

Meanwhile, the counsel for INEC, Prof. Paul Ananaba, SAN; counsel for Adeleke, Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN and counsel for the PDP, Dr. Alex Izinyon, SAN, agreed that any decision the tribunal would take on the matter would have to wait until the Appeal Court and the Supreme Court decided on it.

They noted that they just decided to argue the applications to have it on record, a position which the tribunal agreed with and put on record.

Also, in other applications totalling nine by the three respondents, they asked the tribunal to strike out some paragraphs of the petition on the grounds that they were either lumped together or not related to the 2022 election.

In response to each of the applications, Sanusi said all the cases cited by the respondents were misconceived, adding that they were not applicable in the instance case.

He cited the case of INEC Vs Otti, 2016, 8NWLR, where the Supreme Court hinted that INEC was supposed to be neutral, arguing that all the processes filed before the panel have not portrayed the commission’s neutrality.

Sanusi further argued that the applications filed by the respondents were only meant to prevent the tribunal from focusing on hearing the petition on merit, asking the panel to dismiss the applications.

Subsequently, counsel for all parties in the matter agreed to begin the full hearing starting with the calling of witnesses on October 26.

In his ruling, the tribunal declared the pre-hearing session concluded and announced that the pre-hearing conference report would be presented on October 17.

Continue Reading

News

NEWS UPDATE?Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)

%title% Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos) Lifestyle Nigeria

Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)

The remains of Flight Lieutenant Chapele Ebiakpo, one of the pilots of the NAF Alpha-Jet aircraft that crashed in Maiduguri, Borno state on March 31, 2021, have been laid to rest.

 

It will be recalled that the Nigerian Air Force fighter jet was declared missing on 31 March 2021 after losing radar contact. The crash site was later discovered and the bodies of the two pilots onboard the ill-fated jet were recovered. The pilots were on the battlefield fight Boko Haram members when the jet crashed.

 

On Thursday, October 13, friends and family members of the Late Ebiakpo gathered together at the National Military cemetery to bid him farewell. May his soul rest in peace, Amen.

 

See more photos from the funeral below…

 

Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)

 

 

CREDIT

<p>The post Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos) first appeared on Lifestyle Nigeria.</p>

Continue Reading

News

Phyna Bbnaija; Biography, Net Worth, Date Of Birth, Age, State Of Origin & Career – Lifestyle Nigeria


Real Name: Ijeoma Josephina

Stage Name: Phyna Bbnaija

Date Of Birth: 1997

 

Age: 25 years old

Profession: Actress

Nationality: Nigerian

State Of Origin: Edo State

Net Worth: $15K dollars

Details About Phyna Bbnaija


Phyna is currently 25 years old and she was born in the Nigerian state of Edo. Ijeoma Josephina is the correct spelling of her given name. She recounted herself as being the one who bring the ginger and the vibes to Biggie’s residence.

 

READ ALSO: BBNaija S7: Tega Makes U-turn About Phyna&#8217;s Loud Behaviour, Issues PSA

 

Phyna Bbnaija Date Of Birth

Phyna Bbnaija was born in the year 1997 in the Nigerian state of Edo. As of the time that this article about Phyna’s BBnaija biography and net worth was written, she had not yet reached her 25th birthday.

What is the net worth of Phyna Bbnaija?

At the time of writing, phyna bbnaija’s net worth was calculated at $15,000.

Conclusion:

There is still a lot of work to be done in this article. I’ll get to it as quickly as I can. Please share and leave a comment

Continue Reading

Most Popular