Connect with us

News

Ukraine says it has re-taken Chuhuiv city and killed two high-ranking Russian commanders during the battle

Ukraine says it has re-taken Chuhuiv city and killed two high-ranking Russian commanders during the battle

Ukrainian forces have recaptured the eastern city of Chuhuiv, defence officials have announced.

Advertisement

 

The General Staff said the defending forces had seized the city from the Russians and inflicted heavy losses on Putin’s men in both personnel and equipment.

Advertisement

 

Two high-ranking Russian commanders were killed in the battle.

Advertisement

 

The strategic city of 31,000 people is located 23 miles from Kharkiv, the second biggest city in Ukraine which has been subjected to intense bombardment. 

Advertisement

 

The General Staff said on Facebook: ‘In the course of hostilities, the city of Chuhuiv was liberated. 

Advertisement

 

‘The occupiers suffered heavy losses in personnel and equipment. 

Advertisement

 

‘Lieutenant Colonel Dmitry Safronov, Commander of the 61st Separate Marine Brigade of the Russian Armed Forces, and Lieutenant Colonel Denis Glebov, Deputy Commander of the 11th Separate Airborne Assault Brigade of the Russian Armed Forces, were killed.’ 

Advertisement

 

The city had suffered intense shelling since the start of the war, and was the site of an airstrike which severely wounded a woman, 52, who has since become one of the defining images of the war

Advertisement

 

Despite the heavy bombardment, Ukraine have now been able to hold off Russia and even launch counterattacks to regain the city.  

Advertisement

 

It comes as cities were hit by fresh bombardments this morning with Vladimir Putin’s invasion entering its twelfth day.

Advertisement

 

Volodymyr Zelensky vowed that ‘God will not forgive’ and Ukraine ‘will not forget’ the slaughter of civilians by Russian, saying a ‘day of judgement’ is coming for them. 

Advertisement

 

Zelensky, in a late-night address to his countrymen on the Orthodox Christian holiday of ‘Forgiveness Sunday’, recalled how a family of four were among eight civilians killed by Russian mortars while trying to flee the city of Irpin – near Kyiv – earlier in the day. 

Advertisement

 

‘We will not forgive. We will not forget,’ he told listeners. ‘We cannot forgive the hundreds upon hundreds of victims. Nor the thousands upon thousands who have suffered,’ he added. ‘God will not forgive. Not today. Not tomorrow. Never.’

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws

News

Many feared dead as explosion rocks Kano

Advertisement

Factual Pursuit of Truth for Progress

At least three residents of Kano were killed while many are currently trapped in an explosion which rocked Sabongari area of the state.

Advertisement

Details of the incident are still sketchy, but it was gathered that an explosive device went off in the early hours of the day.

It is being reported that a suicide bomber struck in the area.

Advertisement

Officials of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) are currently at the scene.

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

Court remands three suspects for stealing transformer cables in Osun monarch’s palace

Advertisement

Court remands three suspects for stealing transformer cables in Osun monarch

An Osun State Magistrate court sitting in Ilesa, on Monday remanded three suspected thieves in police custody for stealing transformer cables valued at N700,000 in Owa Obokun of Ijeshaland, Oba Adekunle Aromolaran’s palace. 

 

Advertisement

The suspects, Owolabi Abimbola,33, Sulaiman Mutiu,25, Samson Oluwafemi,25, and others now at large are facing four-count charges on the committed offence.

 

Advertisement

According to the Police Prosecutor, Inspector Adigun Kehinde, the stolen transformer cables were the property of IBEDC Ilesa branch.

 

Advertisement

He told the court that the defendants on May 11, 2022, conspired, stole and diverted to their own personal use a transformer cable at the Owa Obokun Palace.

 

Advertisement

Adigun argued that the offence committed by the defendants was contrary to sections 516, 400, 451(6), 383(2) of the Criminal Code Cap 34 Vol ll Law of Osun State 2002, which saw the suspects pleaded not guilty to the charges brought against them.

 

Advertisement

In his ruling, the presiding Magistrate, A.O Awodele fixed further hearing on the case till May 18th and ordered that the defendants should be kept in Police custody.

 

Advertisement

Court remands three suspects for stealing transformer cables in Osun monarchCourt remands three suspects for stealing transformer cables in Osun monarch

 

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

Rio Ferdinand reacts after Cristiano Ronaldo failed to make Premier League Player of the Year shortlist

Advertisement

Rio Ferdinand reacts after Cristiano Ronaldo failed to make Premier League Player of the Year shortlist

Rio Ferdinand has reacted to Cristiano Ronaldo’s omission from the Premier League Player of the Year shortlist, saying it’s ‘laughable’ while insisting he will ‘100 per cent’ stay at Manchester United next season. 

 

Advertisement

Ronaldo’s return to the club from Juventus hasn’t gone as planned after enduring a frustrating first season at United, who have missed out on Champions League qualification. Though, he has 18 Premier League goals to his name.

 

Advertisement

Despite his individual performance, there was no room for the Portuguese star on this season’s Premier League Player of the Year shortlist, which consists of Trent Alexander-Arnold, Jarrod Bowen, Joao Cancelo, Kevin De Bruyne, Mohamed Salah, Son Heung-min, James Ward-Prowse, and Bukayo Saka.

 

Advertisement

Now,  Ferdinand has questioned how Saka, who has registered six goals and 11 assists for Arsenal, has earned a nomination ahead of his old team-mate. 

 

Advertisement

‘Saka’s in the in the Player of the Year nominees?’ the former United defender asked on the Vibe with Five podcast. ‘I wouldn’t have had Saka in there yet, as well as he’s done.

 

Advertisement

‘I wouldn’t have had him over Ronaldo, no, not this season. Ronaldo should be in ahead of three of four of those guys in there.

 

Advertisement

‘He probably doesn’t win it but in terms of nominees, it’s laughable. He’ll take it as a disrespect but these are the things that fuel him, he’ll be thinking, “how dare you?”.

 

Advertisement

‘If it’s based on stats, he’s like, “I’ve banged in more goals than most of them on that list other than Salah, so what are you talking about?”‘

Advertisement

Advertisement
UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Most Popular

X