Read on to get our tips on how to feel less bloated and puffy—and have a flatter belly—by the end of today!
1. Morning: Drink Hot Water and Lemon A mug of hot lemon water in the morning wakes up your digestive system and helps get things moving. You can drink green tea with lemon if you don’t like the taste of warm lemon water on its own.
2. Morning: Go Dairy-Free Many people feel belly discomfort after eating dairy. If that’s you, leave out the cream and yogurt from your morning breakfast. These dairy-free breakfast recipe ideas will help you nix the yogurt, cheese, and milk to see if you feel better.
3. Morning: Detox With Yoga Yoga twists help rid your body of toxins by helping your digestion. This yoga detox sequence includes plenty of twists and stretches to help you wake up and feel your best.
4. Midmorning: Have a Tropical Snack Both pineapple and papaya contain enzymes—bromelain and papain, respectively—that help banish bloat by breaking down protein and easing digestion. Snack on a bowl of cut-up fruit or make this papaya, pineapple, and coconut water smoothie for a midmorning snack.
5. All Day: Slow Down Eating too quickly can cause air to be trapped in your system, so chew slowly to minimize bloating caused from getting too much air trapped in your system.