Connect with us

News

Witness Testifies Against Former JTF Commander Over Alleged N8.5bn Fraud

A prosecution witness, P, Dabi Gideon Dachung, has testified in the ongoing trial of a former Joint Military Task Force Commander, Maj.- Gen. Emmanuel Atewe (retd.) for alleged N8.5bn fraud.

The third witness gave more evidence against him on Wednesday before Justice Ayokunle Faji of the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos.

Atewe is being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) alongside Patrick Akpobolokemi, a former Director-General of Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Kime Enzogu and Josephine Otuaga on a 22-count charge of conspiracy stealing and money laundering to the N8.5billion.

READ: You Ought to Be Tied Up And Dropped In The Atlantic Ocean, Fani-Kayode Blasts Senator Who Introduced Bill to Ban Generators

The defendants allegedly conspired amongst themselves to defraud NIMASA of the said sum, using companies which include Jagan Limited, Jagan Trading Company Limited, Jagan Global Services Limited, Al-Nald Limited, Paper Warehouse Limited, Eastpoint Integrated Services Limited and De-Newlink Integrated Service Limited.

At the resumed hearing on Wednesday, Justice Faji, in a short ruling, rejected the document sought to be tendered in evidence by the prosecution on the grounds that the said document had been rejected initially by the court.

Following the ruling, Dachung, who is a Forensic Analyst and Document Examiner with the EFCC, in his further testimony, revealed to the court that his opinion as a result of the analysis he carried on the two sets of documents contained a disputed document and a known-disputed document (requested statement document).

“The author of the known-disputed document wrote the disputed handwriting and the signatures in question and also the dates as well as names in the two sets of documents.”

“For him to arrive at this opinion as a result of his findings, he relied on the three principles of handwriting identification first by determining the presence or absence of handwriting identity characteristics in both the documents to reflect the presence of similarities and differences.

“The three principles satisfied that the handwriting on the two sets of documents has the same line qualities, same slant of writing, same alignment and same height ratio of letters; and that there were connections between the characters of words for the handwriting and the signatures.

“Also, the pen lifts in the two sets of documents determined that the handwriting and signatures seemed to be natural and unnatural due to the fact that the disputed handwriting was fluently written to skill up the signatures.

“Both turned out to be similar and the two sets of documents fall within the same level of skill writing,” Dachung told the court.

READ: Coronavirus: Massachusetts’ Case Doubles As Governor Declares State of Emergency

According to the witness, the same person who had the handwriting on the two sets of documents had the signatures “because the signatures have pictorial resemblance as the handwriting does.”

In his findings, Dachung said that his findings and opinion were not in any way influenced by the management of the EFCC or by his status as an employee of the Commission.

READ: Coronavirus: Massachusetts’ Case Doubles As Governor Declares State of Emergency

Dachung further explained that all equipment used during the analysis of the two sets of documents were working perfectly as at the time he conducted the analysis and that his opinion and analysis were based on what he saw with his eyes coupled with the aid of equipment he used.

When all documents tendered and admitted in evidence in the case were requested by the defence team to be given to the witness to show the court if the report of his findings were tendered and admitted, he replied that he had given oral evidence, which he believed had been admitted in evidence.

The matter was adjourned till March 12, 2020, for the continuation of trial.

. Witness Testifies Against Former JTF Commander Over Alleged N8.5bn Fraud Follow iDONSABI.

Politics

News Update?Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal Sitting Begins October 26

Latest Politics updatein nigeria

Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal will on October 26 begin a full hearing of the petition filed by Governor Adegboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress (APC) against the declaration of Senator Ademola Adeleke as governor-elect.

Lifestyle Nigeria reports that the tribunal made this pronouncement after concluding the pre-hearing session on Thursday.

The tribunal was asked to dismiss the applications of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), seeking the discontinuation of the petition brought to it by Governor Oyetola.

Counsel for Oyetola and the APC, Lasun Sanusi, SAN, at the sitting of the tribunal argued that Adeleke’s, PDP’s and INEC’s reliance on a Federal Court High judgment was nothing but an abuse of court process.

Sanusi argued this while replying to separate applications of the trio, seeking the dismissal of the petition based on the already appealed Federal High Court judgment disqualifying Oyetola from contesting the election.

Citing Supreme Court decisions in the case of Jegede Vs INEC, 2021, 14NWLR, Pt 1797, page 409, the counsel said the court had ruled that the signatories to the letter conveying the nomination of a candidate were not the nominators; rather, the nomination was done by party members at the congress, hence, the judgment could not stand.

Meanwhile, the counsel for INEC, Prof. Paul Ananaba, SAN; counsel for Adeleke, Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN and counsel for the PDP, Dr. Alex Izinyon, SAN, agreed that any decision the tribunal would take on the matter would have to wait until the Appeal Court and the Supreme Court decided on it.

They noted that they just decided to argue the applications to have it on record, a position which the tribunal agreed with and put on record.

Also, in other applications totalling nine by the three respondents, they asked the tribunal to strike out some paragraphs of the petition on the grounds that they were either lumped together or not related to the 2022 election.

In response to each of the applications, Sanusi said all the cases cited by the respondents were misconceived, adding that they were not applicable in the instance case.

He cited the case of INEC Vs Otti, 2016, 8NWLR, where the Supreme Court hinted that INEC was supposed to be neutral, arguing that all the processes filed before the panel have not portrayed the commission’s neutrality.

Sanusi further argued that the applications filed by the respondents were only meant to prevent the tribunal from focusing on hearing the petition on merit, asking the panel to dismiss the applications.

Subsequently, counsel for all parties in the matter agreed to begin the full hearing starting with the calling of witnesses on October 26.

In his ruling, the tribunal declared the pre-hearing session concluded and announced that the pre-hearing conference report would be presented on October 17.

Continue Reading

News

NEWS UPDATE?Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)

%title% Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos) Lifestyle Nigeria

Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)

The remains of Flight Lieutenant Chapele Ebiakpo, one of the pilots of the NAF Alpha-Jet aircraft that crashed in Maiduguri, Borno state on March 31, 2021, have been laid to rest.

 

It will be recalled that the Nigerian Air Force fighter jet was declared missing on 31 March 2021 after losing radar contact. The crash site was later discovered and the bodies of the two pilots onboard the ill-fated jet were recovered. The pilots were on the battlefield fight Boko Haram members when the jet crashed.

 

On Thursday, October 13, friends and family members of the Late Ebiakpo gathered together at the National Military cemetery to bid him farewell. May his soul rest in peace, Amen.

 

See more photos from the funeral below…

 

Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)

 

 

CREDIT

<p>The post Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos) first appeared on Lifestyle Nigeria.</p>

Continue Reading

News

Phyna Bbnaija; Biography, Net Worth, Date Of Birth, Age, State Of Origin & Career – Lifestyle Nigeria


Real Name: Ijeoma Josephina

Stage Name: Phyna Bbnaija

Date Of Birth: 1997

 

Age: 25 years old

Profession: Actress

Nationality: Nigerian

State Of Origin: Edo State

Net Worth: $15K dollars

Details About Phyna Bbnaija


Phyna is currently 25 years old and she was born in the Nigerian state of Edo. Ijeoma Josephina is the correct spelling of her given name. She recounted herself as being the one who bring the ginger and the vibes to Biggie’s residence.

 

READ ALSO: BBNaija S7: Tega Makes U-turn About Phyna&#8217;s Loud Behaviour, Issues PSA

 

Phyna Bbnaija Date Of Birth

Phyna Bbnaija was born in the year 1997 in the Nigerian state of Edo. As of the time that this article about Phyna’s BBnaija biography and net worth was written, she had not yet reached her 25th birthday.

What is the net worth of Phyna Bbnaija?

At the time of writing, phyna bbnaija’s net worth was calculated at $15,000.

Conclusion:

There is still a lot of work to be done in this article. I’ll get to it as quickly as I can. Please share and leave a comment

Continue Reading

Most Popular

Witness Testifies Against Former JTF Commander Over Alleged N8.5bn Fraud

Princess Chidinma Popularly Known As Princess Salt Leaks Out Her Dancing Update On Media. (SEE) – Lifestyle Nigeria

Princess Chidimma Agunobi, popularly referred to as Princess Salt, is a Nigerian actress, model, brand ambassador and enterprenuer.

The stunning woman shared stunning pictures of herself and followed it with dancing Update to her fans in order to display her magnificence.

She likes to flaunt her glitz on social media, and this time she was successful by posing in a chic outfit. The excitement of her followers when they saw her post knew no bounds, and they immediately made comments.

This time, she was dressed in a sleeveless top, trouser that emphasized her features, tastefully done makeup, a pair of sneakers and scarf that enhanced her facial beauty, she is the epitome of beauty due to her curvaceous figure.

Immediately she posted the images to her Instagram page for fans And leak out the Update still, admirers, and other internet users to see they quickly reacted in the comment section.

Update Below..

Continue Reading

Politics

News Update?Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal Sitting Begins October 26

Latest Politics updatein nigeria

Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal will on October 26 begin a full hearing of the petition filed by Governor Adegboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress (APC) against the declaration of Senator Ademola Adeleke as governor-elect.

Lifestyle Nigeria reports that the tribunal made this pronouncement after concluding the pre-hearing session on Thursday.

The tribunal was asked to dismiss the applications of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), seeking the discontinuation of the petition brought to it by Governor Oyetola.

Counsel for Oyetola and the APC, Lasun Sanusi, SAN, at the sitting of the tribunal argued that Adeleke’s, PDP’s and INEC’s reliance on a Federal Court High judgment was nothing but an abuse of court process.

Sanusi argued this while replying to separate applications of the trio, seeking the dismissal of the petition based on the already appealed Federal High Court judgment disqualifying Oyetola from contesting the election.

Citing Supreme Court decisions in the case of Jegede Vs INEC, 2021, 14NWLR, Pt 1797, page 409, the counsel said the court had ruled that the signatories to the letter conveying the nomination of a candidate were not the nominators; rather, the nomination was done by party members at the congress, hence, the judgment could not stand.

Meanwhile, the counsel for INEC, Prof. Paul Ananaba, SAN; counsel for Adeleke, Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN and counsel for the PDP, Dr. Alex Izinyon, SAN, agreed that any decision the tribunal would take on the matter would have to wait until the Appeal Court and the Supreme Court decided on it.

They noted that they just decided to argue the applications to have it on record, a position which the tribunal agreed with and put on record.

Also, in other applications totalling nine by the three respondents, they asked the tribunal to strike out some paragraphs of the petition on the grounds that they were either lumped together or not related to the 2022 election.

In response to each of the applications, Sanusi said all the cases cited by the respondents were misconceived, adding that they were not applicable in the instance case.

He cited the case of INEC Vs Otti, 2016, 8NWLR, where the Supreme Court hinted that INEC was supposed to be neutral, arguing that all the processes filed before the panel have not portrayed the commission’s neutrality.

Sanusi further argued that the applications filed by the respondents were only meant to prevent the tribunal from focusing on hearing the petition on merit, asking the panel to dismiss the applications.

Subsequently, counsel for all parties in the matter agreed to begin the full hearing starting with the calling of witnesses on October 26.

In his ruling, the tribunal declared the pre-hearing session concluded and announced that the pre-hearing conference report would be presented on October 17.

Continue Reading

News

NEWS UPDATE?Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)

%title% Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos) Lifestyle Nigeria

Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)

The remains of Flight Lieutenant Chapele Ebiakpo, one of the pilots of the NAF Alpha-Jet aircraft that crashed in Maiduguri, Borno state on March 31, 2021, have been laid to rest.

 

It will be recalled that the Nigerian Air Force fighter jet was declared missing on 31 March 2021 after losing radar contact. The crash site was later discovered and the bodies of the two pilots onboard the ill-fated jet were recovered. The pilots were on the battlefield fight Boko Haram members when the jet crashed.

 

On Thursday, October 13, friends and family members of the Late Ebiakpo gathered together at the National Military cemetery to bid him farewell. May his soul rest in peace, Amen.

 

See more photos from the funeral below…

 

Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos)

 

 

CREDIT

<p>The post Nigeria Air Force who died in the crashed NAF Alpha-jet that crashed in Borno state laid to rest (photos) first appeared on Lifestyle Nigeria.</p>

Continue Reading

Most Popular