Connect with us

News

LG election: Don’t take electorate for granted – Makinde warns PDP candidates

Published

on

A chieftain of the Alliance for Democracy (AD), in Oyo State, Engineer Oyedele Hakeem Alao, has declared that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) cannot rule Nigeria again due to crisis of trust and confidence.

Alao who was the gubernatorial candidate of AD in Oyo State in 2020, noted that the PDP has failed Nigerians, hence it cannot take over the power in 2023.

DAILY POST recalls that Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State had last week said during the inauguration of South West Zonal Executive of PDP that PDP would not only deliver the entire region but would take over the rein of leadership in Nigeria at the federal level in 2023.

Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde has declared that the maladministration of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) will not extend beyond 2023. He

But, Alao in his reaction said that it is improper for a governor with a monumental dismal performance to be boasting that he would deliver the entire Nigeria for his party.

Alao noted that PDP cannot rule Nigeria again because the party is in crisis of trust and confidence due to betrayal and self centeredness exhibited by Makinde himself.

The AD chieftain in a statement made available to DAILY POST on Sunday through his Media Aide, Omotayo Iyanda, described Makinde’s statement that PDP will take over power in 2023 as unrealistic.

Alao said, “This is a governor whose party under his watch has been in disarray and in crisis of trust and confidence due to betrayal and self centredness exhibited by the Engr Mákindé himself and his Omi-Tuntun group co-travellers.

“All of us witnessed what happened how Governor Makinde has selfishly manipulated the just conducted Oyo State local government election primaries of his party where a lot of people who didn’t obtain the party’s nomination forms eventually became candidates to bear the flag of the party at the polls.

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws

“Talk of internal security within Oyo State per se, Engr Seyi Mákinde has failed as the state has recorded unprecedented incidence of security challenges as assaults, killings, rapes, kidnappings, clashes etc. in less than two years of his rule.

“Disasters as fire outbreaks, for instance, the Akesan Market at Oyo in the start of his administration and the latest fire incident at Araromi Spare Parts Market, Gate, Ibadan, have been a recurrent decimal of the Makinde regime.

“Food security is nothing to write home about as prices of staple foods as gari and lafun keep rising by the day as if they were imported from the western countries or its production affected by the dollar exchange rate price of a Congo (1kg) of gari is now between N600-N700 and this regime is not taking any outstanding effort to reverse the situation.

“Roads across all local governments in the state have become almost impassable, and rather than fixing these roads, our governor has embarked on rehabilitation and reconstruction of roads that could still be managed for sometime. Also, he (Makinde) has been sinking money in rebuilding Oyo liaison office in Abuja which will not add any value to the citizenry of the state.

“Structures in our public schools have become inhabitable for human beings, while other educational facilities have collapsed, just to mention a few. With all these signs of failure all around the Makinde administration, only God knows where his confidence to take over the rein of power at the national level is coming from, which fake and unrealistic?

“Is dismal performance of APC at the national level a justification to return us to PDP that mismanaged this country for 16 years, and worse still, to a PDP to be run by the likes of Makinde. It is better Seyi Makinde realises now that he is not the kind of material the south west will push forward as vice president in 2023 or to represent the revered eminent people of the region.”

“If APC had welcomed his rumoured proposal to return to the party, will he be saying now that PDP will take over the rein of governance in Nigeria in 2023? That’s an unambiguous identity of a serial betrayal.”

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

News

Two Chibok girls graduate from US university, 7 years after escaping Boko Haram (video)

Published

on

Two Chibok girls graduate from US university, 7 years after escaping Boko Haram (video)

Former students of Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok in Borno state, Joy Bishara and Lydia Pogu have graduated from Southeastern University in the United States after escaping from Boko Haram terrorists in 2014.

 

While Bishara graduated with a degree in social work, Pogu earned her degree in legal studies and graduated on April 30.

 

Recounting how they escaped from the terrorists after being kidnapped alongside 276 schoolgirls, the duo said they escaped by jumping off the truck while being driven away from their community by the terrorists. 

 

Recounting their ordeal, Bishara told GMA3; 

 

“I remember thinking about what my mum would do at that moment then I prayed. I just remembered a voice in my head saying ‘jump out’. I knew I was going to die either way. I chose to die and that was how I jumped out.”

 

On how she felt the day she graduated, Bishara said; 

 

 “It was awesome, I felt great. I remember being told that I wasn’t going to be able to finish high school; that I was dumb. I never gave up or listened to all the negative talks. It was exciting to walk on that stage after being told ‘you can’t do it’.”

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws

 

Pogu who also shared her story, said she had decided against going back to school after her escape until she was contacted by the US embassy.

 

Narrating how things turned around her, she added; 

 

“I’m now trying to get my masters in human services and going back to law school when I’m done with my masters.”

 

Watch the video below…….

 

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Mixed Reactions After Victor AD Accused Davido Of Stealing His Track ‘Jowo’

Published

on

According to reports on social media, Victor AD made these accusations against Davido in an interview on Hip TV. He further told the host that he recorded the track together with Davido but only realized Davido has put his track ‘Jowo’ on his tracklists after his album, “A better time” was officially launched.

READ ALSO: Davido Accused Of Stealing The Song “Jowo” – More Gist

According to Victor AD, after they were done recording the song, he was shocked to see the track ‘jowo’ on Davido’s ABT without his consent and also without the consent of his management. Victor stated that when he confronted Davido, he blocked him from all his social media pages and threatened to ruin him.

“Victor AD just confirmed davido stole his record “Jowo” according to AD; OBO heard d song after they recorded “Tire You”. He was surprised to see d song on ABT without him/his mgt consent; He said davido blocked him on Socials & threatened to ruin him. This is wickedness” one of his fans wrote o Twitter.

However, there have been mixed reactions to the allegations leveled against Davido. Some social media users have called Davido names, while others have also pleaded to hear the side of Davido.

Read some comments below….

READ ALSO; I Don’t Have Any Sympathy For Single Mothers – Reno Omokri 

@Lucy chioma: Nigeria and judgment without hearing from the both sides. Anti Davido everywhere. He said Davido threatened him and blocked him on social platforms, why haven’t he done this interview since but wait for now he is celebrating his 10 years in the industry.

@davido world wide: Victor Ad no doesn’t sing Love songs

@Jerry Kelvin: All the hit davido has its all written by someone else he has never written a reasonable song of his own what a shame.

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws

@Thuglife assistant: So Davido dey sign upcoming artiste just to destroy their Talent?

@Intellectual Abgero: Davido stole Jowo from Victor AD abi wetin dem day call am? What kinda ludicrous statement is that? Clout chasing is nice and has some kinda dividends, but at least person suppose use sense chase clout. Just like Dammy Krane saying Wiz stole “Baba Nla” from him, funny kids.

Source: www.ghgossip.com

. Mixed Reactions After Victor AD Accused Davido Of Stealing His Track ‘Jowo’ Follow GhGossip.

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

News

Adele’s estranged dad, Mark Evans dies aged 57 after battle with cancer

Published

on

Adele?s estranged dad, Mark Evans dies aged 57 after battle with cancer

Grammy Award winning singer, Adele’s father has died at 57 after years of disputes and public rows.

Adele, 33, has previously spoken of her fractured relationship with dad, Mark Evans, who had been suffering from cancer.

Mark walked out on Adele’s mother Penny when Adele was three and returned to his native Wales.

 

Adele?s estranged dad, Mark Evans dies aged 57 after battle with cancer

In 2017 Adele infamously told the audience during her Grammys speech;

“Thank you to my manager because the comeback, as it were, was completely masterminded by him.

“And you executed it incredibly, and I owe you everything.

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws

“We’ve been together for ten years, and I love you like you’re my dad. I love you so, so much.

“I don’t love my dad, that’s the thing. That doesn’t mean a lot. I love you like I would love my dad.”

 

Mark once claimed that he and his daughter had made up and shared a drink around the time of her Adele Live tour to support her ­second album 21. But she later denied this.

A source said: “Mark’s family are of course very upset by his passing. He always hoped things would work out with Adele, but it remained acrimonious to the end.

“He made a few attempts to make things right, but clearly it had been too long.”

In 2013 he revealed he was battling bowel cancer and feared he would never meet his grandson, Angelo — Adele’s son with charity entrepreneur Simon Konecki, who she divorced in March.

 

 

UNBELIEVABLE Married woman caught with another man by in-laws
Continue Reading

Most Popular

Copyright © 2020 Lifestyle Nigeria

X